Agnostic.com
4 3

Who governs us?. Our elected representatives or multi national corporations ?
I have just heard the most unbelievable story on BBC radio 4.
A farmer in the USA or Canada, I'm not sure which was growing a crop,corn I think, from GM seed supplied by Monsanto. When the crop was harvested and being transported from the field some of the corn blew into a neighbouring farmers field. This farmer did not grow GM crops but the GM seed which landed in his field germinated and grew along with his own crops.
Monsanto then sued the farmer for growing their GM crop with out a licence. It has taken him years and no doubt considerable expense to have a court finally reject Monsanto's claim.
The world has gone mad.

Moravian 8 Sep 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If that farmer was growing "organic" he would have been the one suing, for contamination/loss of the "organic" label.
Do you have the right to let your chickens graze your neighbor's lawn, or harvest their crops,or even mow their lawn? You can only trim their invasive trees/bushes/vines to the property line.......

AnneWimsey Level 9 Sep 11, 2020

IT is the first time I have heard the story and it shows the power and influence of Monsanto that the court should even entertain such a ridiculous claim.
The fact that it took the farmer years to have it rejected speaks volumes.

@Moravian all lawsuits, whether personal injury or any other, take an Average of 5 years to get through the courts.

This is old, it happened in the past 10 years or so. I loathe Monsanto. My ex's dad worked for Monsanto as a chemical engineer. My children's inheritance is largely funded by Monsanto, and they aren't fans of Monsanto either.

I recall using the herbicide 2,4,5,T , the infamous "agent orange" from Vietnam when I worked in forestry which I believe was manufactured by Monsanto;
Also in common use back then were 2.4,D and glyphosate. We were told they were harmless and no protective gear was supplied.
I wouldn't go near any of them now.

@Moravian My late former FIL told us some of the crap that Monsanto was doing that he did not think ethical or fair. It's worse now than it was when he was alive. I don't trust Monsanto and never buy their products.

Monsanto is an evil corporation, I wish they could be destroyed! They have pulled this shit on many farmers!🤬

I would've sued for court costs...

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 740Top