Agnostic.com

13 6

LINK Catholic League: Anthony Bourdain Might Still Be Alive If He Had Found God – Friendly Atheist

Wow that didn't take long!

It’s been a few hours since we learned of the death of CNN’s Anthony Bourdain. That’s enough time for The Catholic League’s Bill Donohue to use the tragedy to promote his own beliefs.

Bourdain wasn’t a religious man. In an old episode of Parts Unknown in which he visited Israel, he talked about growing up in a mixed-faith household. His father was Catholic, his mother was Jewish, and Bourdain himself said he “was raised without religion.”

Lukian 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bill Donahue, that's one guy I wish there was hell for. Any person who would defend a pediphile preist is one sick bastard in my opinion. He also defended "Fundamentalist, Fanatic & Fraud" Mother Theresa.

More hypocritcal and false propaganda from a a false church and religious organization.

That is absolutely vile. I would make a terrible christian,I care way too much about human beings.

Well goes to prove the lies they tell you. God does give you more than you can handle because there are so many suicides all over the world.

Is there a VOMITING emoji?

ha!

@OpenOptimist (Did you find that on this site?)

Love,
Cora Clueless

?

@A2Jennifer At the risk of exposing my CLUELESSNESS with some technology...is that something you find via a smart phone?

@LucyLoohoo it is!

I despise someone trying to elevate their belief at the cost of another

I'd thought old Bill had slipped into irrelevance

Of course this comes from the Uber Catholic apologists Bill Donohue. Maybe Bourdain was taken up to heaven. Why do these fools say getting to meet Jesus is so bad and living is so important. Don't they listen to their own message??

I had NO IDEA 'HE'/SHE/IT Was Lost!
?

Donohue has always been a vile human being. I will not mourn his passing in the least (unlike Bourdain).

He is just as dead with or without god or anything else.

Sickening opportunism.

How can find a god or gods that there is no evidence for?

all gods along with religions are man made because they are to lazy to look for the truth easier to just pass it onto something they made up.

@benhmiller correct. As our knowledge of the natural world increases god gets painted into a corner.

@Mikeb56 ... which is a Good Thing. The truth at last...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.