Agnostic.com

18 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fish wee?

It tastes salty?

When women swim....they conceive mermaids.

Because of the seamen?

It has a high salt content?

I'm sorry that too was down to me - I hate salt and only live 4 minutes from the sea so I take full responsibily for salting the seawaters.

I haven't swam at my local beach since getting nailed pretty severely by a jelly a few years back.
The water is brownish from the sand and you can't see your thighs let alone your feet.
I'm swim in clear ocean water I think.

It needs a bath?

Why does the sea taste salty?

'Cause it IS salty.

That's how us Salty Dogs always wanted it. Sperm whale ejaculation is Huge so... you ain't suppose to drink it or swallowed it.

Mermaids don't swallow.

Aher... shiver me timber.

godef Level 7 June 9, 2018

Sorry ! We all know the answer to this one !

Its turn from an acid to a base.

Sea water is very alkaline. I never connected that to the salt content, as I don't know anything about chemistry. I used to test aquarium water & we had to use different strips for fresh & salt water because the freshwater ones didn't go high enough for saltwater aquariums.

If I ever have another date, I'll be sure to mention this tasty morsel of information!.

lol...LOL

I'm not gonna touch that one! 😉

It's salty because all the water that flows into it from rivers brings a little salt, but water can only get back out of the ocean by evaporation. Salt & other minerals are left behind Now maybe someone else can explain to us why the salt remains at a very consistent concentration & the ocean is not getting saltier & saltier.

Carin Level 8 June 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.