Agnostic.com

34 7

How can I stop acting feminine/gay?

I am a 27years old man who would pass as bi, but have never acted on his gay feelings because I grew up in Nigeria and will like to keep my head on my shoulders.
I left Nigeria last year December to apply for asylum in the U.S. but I was denied because I am an atheist. (Because let's face it, that country was founded by slave owners who said all men were created equal and presently run by rich bigots.)
I'm now in Canada applying for asylum. But I could use a more masculine body, voice and the likes; or a may not survive the refugee shelter I am presently placed.
So what do you guys think about the use of drugs for this purpose?

Malachiseyi 4 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think testosterone injections for starters. Add to that alcohol abuse, aggression and bad language. Watch John Wayne movies and study his mannerisms. Be careful, though, not to copy his weird walk!

lol

And in case he didn't recognize it (sarcasm often doesn't translate well), I want @Malachiseyi to know that brentan's suggestions are NOT serious.

No no, no !   no drugs. rather take up some form of martial art to be able to defend yourself.

I doubt anyone staying in a refugee shelter is looking to make problems for anyone else. Just relax and be yourself. You're not in anymore.

Hermit Level 7 June 10, 2018

I would avoid drug use. is the refugee shelter dangerous? It was my understanding that Canada is very accepting of lgbt people. If anything I would have thought it would increase the likelihood of being granted asylum.

If you’re wanting a more masculine form, then try working out more to develop more muscle mass. Not much you can do for your voice, but it shouldn’t be an issue. Not every guy has a deep voice. I would caution you against pretending to be something you aren’t. Unless you’re just a born actor, it will likely come across as fake to anyone you talk to.

Good luck, I hear Canada has a tough filtering process.

Katrik Level 7 June 10, 2018

I can't tell you what you "should" do. However, I never advocate for anyone to
go against who they are just to "fit in". Using drugs to alter yourself is rather
extreme, in my estimation. My understanding is that once you start, you have
to keep doing it. Not only is that probably extremely expensive, it's also altering
your basic body chemistry, which could quite likely come back to bite you later on.
Sorry you were denied asylum by the US simply for being an atheist. I think
that's wrong and shouldn't be allowed.
Good luck to you.

Excellent response. As for being denied asylum for being an A-theist, it is not only wrong and shouldn't be allowed, it is unconstitutional. But what does the present government care about the constitution?

Why should you have to? Be who you are not who someone or a society wants you to be.

I am no authority for how to not behave ‘like a gay person.’ But, I have gay friends and to be ‘split off’ from your real nature, will not give you more psychological power, in my opinion! You need to stay in your true nature...because that is where all of our power comes from...our true self! Reinforce your belief that you have every right to be on this earth and that you will stay strong to bring yourself, a good life...as the human being that you are!

what kind of drugs?

I would assume hormones.

There is nothing wrong with women or femininity.

There is nothing wrong with being gay either.

What is the point of moving to another country if you have to deny your authentic self? Accepting yourself fully is a win win situation.

I hope you have a great life in Canada.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:103746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.