Agnostic.com

31 4

Euthenasia?

Should clinics be established to assist people who want to go ahead and die? They could go in a humane way at there own choosing. Some people are hurting mentally or physically so bad and have little or no hope that they wish to go on out. Mental anguish can be worse than physical pain. Life and death are one string anyway. Life is a terminal illness in itself. Some people believe we already allow assisted death in abortion clinics.

• 90 votes
  • 3 votes
Grecio 7 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You appear to have answered your own question (?) but ... yes.

Thanks for the interesting and informative article. Good reading, very compelling..

The vote today (Monday) is 68 yes and 3 no.. Honestly, I am surprised the yes vote is overwhelming. Chuckles III entered a great Washington Post article that anyone interested should read. I believe mental anguish can be as painful as medical problems. A nice painless way to go on out is certainly better than a pistol shot to the head. Of course, anyone who says they want to die should be receive counseling. However, the mental health system at least in Georgia is in shambles.
I guess most people want to live as long as they can, even if they are in pain.
One of the tenets of Christianity is that suicide is a sin. (Of course, sin is a man created idea).

Grecio Level 7 June 11, 2018

Damn tooting & not one down vote, at least in the first 15, good sign.

With doctor's ok.

With individual's OK. The doctor has the right not to participate at his/her discretion.

Why should any other person have a say? Even a doctor. They have
their own beliefs and agendas, and cannot be counted upon to have
the patient's interests at heart. Just because they might have taken the
Hippocratic Oath, doesn't mean they live by it. We've all seen ample
evidence that many don't.

I wouldn't trust a doctor to change my tire, much less to counsel me about death!

@GipsyOfNewSpain Well, they're not mechanics or reapers. But I'd say science should be trusted enough to go to a doctor to save your life. And since we go to them to save their life, then I'd imagine they'd try to do anything to prevent our death even if we want to die.

I'm definitely for euthanasia, but I do think that the person suffering from mental illness should be evaluated for a certain period of time based on their particular issue before being granted the right to die. At least try some medications, therapy, get them on a good diet and exercise plan... not only that but help their living circumstance in any kind of way. If they're homeless or struggling, for example. At least try to help them in all forms possible based on their circumstance and if after all that, if they're not improving and still wish to die, then they should be allowed.

I worry, because what if a heartbroken man wants to die. His girlfriend cheated on him, threw him into a deep depression and wants to die. Do we allow it with no consultation? Just tell him to go take a seat over there, we'll get the drugs and it will be all over in a second? I wouldn't trust a system that worked like that

@KKGator $$$$$$$$

@Honey4Oshun Yep.
Always talks the loudest.

@dani2382 When Death becomes the "Big Biz" that Current Dependency is... consider yourself an enabler and hopefully one of the first customers.

@dani2382 I think that is a reasonable approach and I agree with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:103853
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.