Agnostic.com

13 5

Anyone in our forum have ASBESTOSIS?

I was tested about 6 weeks ago. I got a call today that I tested positive. Hmmm.... that could explain a few things. Got to see the doctor this Saturday for further test. Well how about that?

BucketlistBob 8 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They should do a pulmonary function test to determine the degree of respiratory impairment. Unfortunately it's a chronic condition but it can be managed.

You got it....

Hang in there, Bob. Hoping for the best possible outcome!

Thank you... im just short of breath... ill find out more Saturday when i see tge doctor. I had taken a chest xray and they saw it and called me today to say i have it.... lol. i just thought i was a fat guy out of shape... yep! That's me...lol.

keep us updated

btroje Level 9 June 11, 2018

Very sorry to hear, I know some people whi had it, quite badly though, from mines. Good luck, hope it is only minimal.

Im a little shortness of breath... other then that... i feel ok.

Really Sorry to hear that - Not me that I know about yet; but I have known quite a few people who had it -My friends father got in from making inlaid marquetry on cabinets from wood dust.

I was in a building co-operative found out that fiberglassing roof spaces is dangerous too for the lungs. I was a plasterer in the 70's and 80's and exposed to all sorts of additives, so, waiting for something to catch up with me. I have a prettty constant graveyard cough.

jacpod Level 8 June 11, 2018

I have not been tested yet...but I do have a cough that is worrying..just won't go away...

I hope to turns out ok for you Bob..let us know..if you can.

Thank you....

Yes I was told we had it at work and unfortunately I was exposed to it...

@kenriley It actually great except apart from this cough I've had for about 3 weeks..no other symptoms of a cold or virus or regular chest infection..
My asshole boss asked me to pull down some very old ceiling tiles because he said he was afraid of heights..but I overheard an engineer saying they wouldn't go up there because some of them were still asbestos..he said yes so I believe..but he was happy to send one of his manager's like me up..knowing the danger..but saying nothing

@kenriley I quit smoking about 10 years or mote ago...

I hope it turns out to be minor, Bob.

Thanks Paul...

That's not good Bob. What type of asbestosis?

IDK....I go to Beaumont Saturday to see the doctor. They just called me that I had it.

@BucketlistBob Well, best of luck. It can be a long, hard road.

My grandmother developed emphysema due to exposure to asbestos. Grandpa had her crawl around in attics to install insulation because she was small. She was never a smoker. This was way back, and at the time they didn't know the harm it would cause. Best of luck. You are doing the right thing seeking answers.

Thank you.

sounds sucky.

There was an ad on the tv for that. Something like a class action suit. I do not recall the law firm should be easy enough web search use dogpile.com that search engine searches all the search engines.

azzow2 Level 9 June 11, 2018

That's the people I called. I was a welder, pipefitter, boilermaker, and millwright in the same powerhouse for years. I was pulling insulation out of the way with paper masks. The grinder would fill the air with the dust. I also had to cut fasteners to lower transite off the roof and sides of an old nitric acid plant. They said it would cost to much money to have outsiders do it....damn.... what I didnt know.

@BucketlistBob If you can prove it even a witness I would say you may have a few different cases. It won't cure you it sure will leave your wife in a good financial situation.

Best of luck to you Bob. Let us know how it goes.

skado Level 9 June 11, 2018

I second that, best wishes Bob

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104603
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.