Agnostic.com

32 6

Who is in the wrong here?

My granddaughter just had a baby girl (very healthy) But she is mad at me for posting her picture with my great-granddaughter on my Facebook page. She demanded that I take the picture down because I violated her "rights." I was at work so it took me a bit to get to the FB page and delete the picture. Hers was a demand, not a request. I think she overreacted. How say you?

SageDave 7 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would never post someone else's pictures without their permission. The same goes for mentioning them if I check in on FB.

I understand your surprise but my kids are the same way. they are afraid of posting pictures because of pedophiles and kidnapping.

Just for clarification, my granddaughter just posted the same picture I did yesterday. I guess she just wanted to be the first. Though my wife took the picture and sent it to me via text.

In my opinion, your granddaughter is in in the right.

I think this too, its her baby.

Her being the mother, I can totally understand that she wants to do the announcing. However, it is a bit strong to 'demand', she could have just let it slide.

Denker Level 7 June 19, 2018

My daughter doesn't want her childrens' images to be on facebook and I agree with her.

jacpod Level 8 June 20, 2018

Again, she posted the same picture the next day herself.

@SageDave hmm

I think it is important to ask. I only show pictures of my children and grandchildren to a fairly tight group of friends and I have checked with them that they don't mind. I don't worry too much about online privacy, myself - I am sure that we have very little control over what is known about us as soon as we enter the system - but I know some people like to feel they are in control of what is shown about them. It sounds as if she wanted to be the first to show the picture, which is understandable, too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.