Agnostic.com

15 17

LINK Trump’s Lawyers Argue That He Cannot Be Impeached Because He Was Never Actually Elected | The New Yorker

Maybe I should have posted this under humor but you have to love Andy Borowitz and Monday morning humor is always a good thing.

AmelieMatisse 8 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You do know this is a satire column, don't you?

I do and that is why I made my comment under the link in this post. Other people appear to not know but they probably did not read the very top of the article that states it is satire.

Well the rest of the world was amazed when the USA elected Trump. He would not have gotten through the door here.

Denker Level 7 June 19, 2018

@Denker any chance I could apply for asylum in The Netherlands? LOL I have a Facebook friend who lives there

Now adays it is hard to tell a joke esp with Trump and new gop.

@DavidAckerman isn't that the truth

@AmelieMatisse i can not believe people mm well his lies are proviable. Guess his followers do not care

@DavidAckerman it is such an interesting dynamic that the country is so divided. Both are hearing his words but processing them so differently.

@AmelieMatisse my sister is gop and trumpster. We rarly talk but we have deal with moms estate. I have a problem with his lies that are proviable but still think he is great.

Keep going with that....any shelter in a storm!

Then get him out of the office.

Marine Level 8 June 18, 2018

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying Haha a planning and dreaming each night of his harms... A little play on a early 60's girl group song

@AmelieMatisse praying does not work but anything is worth a try to remove trumpie

@Marine Agreed! But do you remember the Dusty Springfield song by that name "Wishin and Hopin"

He had them in an uproar.... funny!

I had to really read that. It is so messed up it could have been true

btroje Level 9 June 18, 2018

@btroje I wish it were true! Our country has become rather Surreal. Wonder what Breton and that bunch would think of this.

In our dreams, but the article made some interesting points. Loved it. Just wish people weren't so gullible. I mean, isn't that exactly how we got where we are? People didn't do their homework... often just reading the article and using some common sense before making opinions and comments.

Looks like a lot of people fell for this satire... or they only read the headline. I thought you made it pretty clear, even for those who have no idea who Andy Borowitz is. Now Snopes is going to have to take the time to explain the joke. It was funny though... and borderline credible with all the other hard-to-believe stuff they really have done and said. 😉

I should have posted it in humor instead of politics. My bad! I may get admonished for spreading fake news. Well I will just blame New Yorker and Andy Borowitz LOL

@CoastRiderBill Yeah, I could or people could read my comment under the link - or @Admin could put the comment above the link rather than below. I'm thinking if I delete it and repost it under humor it would be confusing.

I read the entire article. There was nothing there that was an on the nose giveaway that this is satire. I suppose it’s a bit sad that something like this is believable.

Once respected Rudy Guiliani-he is now Herr Trump's POS.

@sassygirl3869 I just said the same thing to a friend this morning. Giuliani was the voice of reason and calm in NYC after 9/11. I think he drank the tea party kool aide

@AmelieMatisse He didn't do anything after 9/11 that any mayor of any American city would not have done. As a matter of fact he was advised to move the command center for such disasters out of the area around the of the twin towers to Brooklyn and he refused, which created many problems right after the disaster. He is and always has been an assclown.

@Sticks48 Yeah I get what you are saying but I will give him the fact that even though he did what any other mayor would do in that situation, he did it and calmly. He would never be able to handle that now. And can you imagine how DT would handle something like that. Point being that a person in power doesn't always act "as they should" at Rudy did in that case.

@AmelieMatisse We never see these peoples first reaction to these things except for Bush. We see them after they have had time to collect themselves and come up with a response.

@Sticks48 Yeah true that photo of Bush as he's reading the kid's book is pretty telling

@AmelieMatisse Ain't it though! ☺

Wow. Did they really say that? This is getting so twilight zone onion like

The Onion is going to get sued if they keep using the New Yorker logo like that.

@indirect76 Hahaa how about it!

So they're saw he was never elected?

So they're agreeing he shouldn't be president?

Good to know

The reason why I no longer read The New Yorker and many other politically left-wing publications is not because I almost always disagree with what they publish, but because they do not provide for public comments. They are scared of allowing the nonsense they publish to be rebutted on their own pages, so why read them at all?

@sarahjustme well maybe you could say in your grouchiest voice that you didn't find it at all funny. LOL

@sarahjustme Point well taken. My comment was in general and not in response to the specific article. I no longer read publications that do not allow a response, except for PubMed. For some reason that very rarely requires me to skip any right-wing publication.

If that's their defense, it seems it'd be pretty easy to remove him.

Andy is a satirist. We never call him "fake news" but everything he writes is basically tongue in cheek because we usually wish it was the way he says it is.

@AmelieMatisse I didn't know he was a satirist, but again, it's the New Yorker.

@AstralSmoke Oh that's OK. I guess you could call it fake news for liberals but we don't believe it like the people who follow fake news on FOX. We just get a good laugh and wish it were real.

Well I guess it cut both ways...... ( Just for the record, Henry knows Andy Borowitz is a political ridicule satire type of sort of journalist )

@IamNobody Henry, thanks for knowing that Andy loves to make us laugh with his silliness. And I think we wish that it were true.

@AmelieMatisse Henry is never serious about discussing politics. I think its fair to throw that card on the table ??

@IamNobody Alrighty then. I will make note of that and allow it to inform my reaction whenever you comment on a political post.

@AmelieMatisse Henry is trying to make sure politics will never get in the way, that's all ??

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109903
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.