Agnostic.com

25 9

Whats the ok age difference to date?

Ive heard of guys dating female friends of their daughter. Whoa! Is that cool?

BucketlistBob 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here's one I posted previously but this is another good place.

Lol...

If you find out let me know. I'm dating someone 30 years my junior.

t1nick Level 8 June 19, 2018

Well ok....

@BucketlistBob I probably should clarify. I'm 60 and she's 30. We are primarily in a platonic relationdhip presently. We found each other by accident. I wasn't really looking for anyone. Got to talking and realized we had lots of similar interests. Been seeing each other fairly regularly and still enjoy each othera company.

@t1nick. Brother that is so cool. No ones judging here. Or has a real rule to follow. I commend you and your friend and I think its awesome you found each other. I am happy for you.

Totally subjective for the two people involved.

First of all all parties should be of legal age of consent blah blah blah. Generally anything below 70% of the age of the older party just gets kind of creepy that having been said it's all subjective.

If I were looking, I'd probably be willing to consider ten years on either side of my age.

vita Level 7 June 19, 2018

I don’t think there’s any 1 answer, it all depends upon preference.

I generally gravitate towards older men. 10-20 years is usually my preference. For some reason I’m not into younger men, more than 5 years younger just seems “icky” to me.

Ok.

I've finally done something right !!!... Check ☑

@BucketlistBob I do have a friend who’s best friend is dating his daughter.....awkward. I think both guys are in their early 50s and the daughter is mid-20s. Obviously put a strain on their friendship

@Marcie1974. Oh.... man..... i don't know about that...

Every situation is different.

Ok...☺

I feel like this kind of depends on the people, ages, and circumstances. Personally, right now at 33 years old, I prefer to date women that are either about my age or slightly older actually. Just easier to relate to people from a similar generation, there's usually less issues with maturity, more experience, more certain about what they want, less games and bullshit, etc. It might widen as I get older, but right now, I'll actively consider women that are within 10 years of my own age in either direction, but even that can be a stretch too, and beyond that I feel like it starts getting weird and more difficult to connect. I don't have a daughter, but if I did I would feel like a creep just dating someone the same age as her, much less one of her actual friends, and how many 18 to 21 year olds even end up staying with the guys their own age? Wouldn't exactly be able to hold high hopes for a relationship like that lasting. Not to mention, who wants to be with someone they can't go have a drink with, or can get you in trouble if they're caught drinking? Too weird, too much drama, too much risk, too easy to get hurt on either side, poor girls brains and personalities have barely just developed at that age, and they still have no idea what they're doing. Just date people closer to your own age and leave your kids friends alone.

You got that right... kids...leave them alone.

Over 18.

@Malia_ponzio1738 And hello to you. You can PM me if you care to have some communication

it depends on the maturity levels of everyone involved

Half your age plus seven

Is what I've heard. Haha

That sounds like you got something there...

If she is young enough to be your daughter then that makes you a creeper, don't do this. It doesn't matter how hot she is or how many daddy issues she has, this will end badly.

By all means.... don't do this!

Someone my age would be great. However, compatibility would be much more important regardless any age difference (wirhin certain range, of course).

Well, after you show her what a "manly" man you are, consider what you might have in common to talk about. If there's nothing.... you might want to move on.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. If there is a large gap in age but both of you are happy then great. If both are legal age it shouldn’t be an issue. Now saying that, if you are looking for something serious and long term there should be common interests to enjoy together. Unless you have things besides the physical, a relationship is sure to fail.

60 y

No.
😉

Depends of age differences I had freinds 10 to 20 years older than me. The daughter would have to be 18 or older and me within 10 years of that age. But once they hit the mid 30s they should be able to make up their own mind if they wanted to date a guy who is older.

Totally.

Is it legal in the first place? Assuming that's a yes, it depends entirely on the people involved. I'd have a hard time with much more than 7-10 years of difference for myself. It's more about world view, activities, and understanding them, than the number.

No, not cool. Unless we're talking an agree of maturity. If you're 45 dating your daughter's friend of 17, no. What you have in common with a 17 great old? Conversations would be childish and boring. If you're 55, and she's 27 MAYBE.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. If there is a large gap in age but both of you are happy then great. If both are legal age it shouldn’t be an issue. Now saying that, if you are looking for something serious and long term there should be common interests to enjoy together. Unless you have things besides the physical, a relationship is sure to fail.

Thats right....

That would be a problem for me! I’ve gotten messages from men in their 30’s: my kids are 35 and 36. Too uncomfortable for me.
I’m 57; so 48-50 is the youngest I’m comfortable with.
No judgement on what others do(assuming consenting adults).

Well... technically it's legal so long as both parties are over 18. But if you're looking at some 18 year old hooking up with a 75 year old (a la Hugh Hefner) then I have to seriously contemplate how much money enters in to the picture as opposed to mutually desired sex or love.

I'm 52 and I won't usually date women who are any younger than 30. Women younger than that are simply not mature enough.

My parents were 18 years apart in age. No problems. I say, if you can get past her mother, you should be ok.

Provided all involved are consenting adults, there is no right or wrong age difference. Everybody should find what works for them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.