Agnostic.com

13 1

Who else is currently ashamed of being American???

With everything that's going on in our country it's become impossible for me to take pride in this once great nation. I still have hope that things will get better but right now there are too many atrocities and things wrong with the U.S. Who else feels ashamed of our current situation???

• 20 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 2 votes
olicapone 5 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I apologize for our POTUS, Congress, Senate, and Supreme Court, but I'm not ashamed to be American, the people are better than our politicians; a minority with money are malevolent.

EdEarl Level 8 June 21, 2018

I wish I had done more to prevent this nightmare.

Marine Level 8 June 21, 2018

At this point I'm just sad and numb.

My thoughts are identical to seven or so already posted.

I cannot wait till he croaks - or November - whichever comes first.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson. Don't let them hide behind the flag or the cross or whatever fucking else.

I am appalled. I am not ashamed.
I appreciate the sentiment of the person who said it is not sensible to be ashamed of where one chanced to be born. If that was the catalyst we should be grateful to be born Americans and fight for better for ourself, our country, and our world. Fire those who don’t do their job and replace them as is our right as democracy. It seems hopeless for sure. And it’s disgusting being considered ANYtHIng like trump or his supporters. So what do we do?
Something must be done. We leave the global initiatives of clean planet and decent human rights and turn to space? What does trump do when he gets himself and the top tier of wealthy he is desperately trying to impress. He is making them richer and crushing the rest of us. O what happens? He leaves the poor in America to the vengeance of an angry and betrayed world as he and the most wealthy head for space? IF that doesn’t make sense then my best effort is flawed because I can’t possibly imagine what he could have planned with all this malarkey.

I’m grateful to have communities like this where I can find like minded individuals.

We will have zero affect on the problem as individuals
How can we unite and make change without being labeled a terrorist organization and either laughed out or pushed out legally?

Celebrities who speak up are considered benignly crazy and laughable or infuriating to trump and crew. If they can’t even make waves. We need mass movements to make a tsunami.

Any ideas?

Accidents of birth are nothing to be ashamed or proud of, I oppose the policies of our current government because they are unjust, I don't need any other reason.

PROUD !!!!! .... Here I am Nobody, that's not an excuse to hide behind anonymous persona. The owner of this avatar is ONE PROUD AMERICAN !!!!....United we stand

I don't feel ashamed since I didn't do anything. I do want the orange dumpster removed. He's the embarrassment..and all the religious wing nuts and GOP fanatics who have been supporting him. At least it's such bad behavior that Trump is inspiring Millennials, women, LGBTQ people and other minorities to vote and/or run for office for the first time

I am not ashamed to be American, I am however ashamed of the current administration and those who support it.

I am ashamed of America, but it ain't the first time.

I didn't choose this self or this administration. I refuse to feel shame for something I had no say in!

Xenophobia, racism, ignorance, greed, corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, hypocrisy, brutality, arrogance.....all embodied by our President and supine Republican Congress. It's sickening!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111085
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.