Agnostic.com

16 1

QUESTION Virtual Sex

Now that I’ve gotten your attention; this issue and many others were discussed in the December issue of "the Atlantic” magazine. It was an eye-opener article for me and I wondered how many, including myself, could be sucked into this virtual world?

As the world seems to crumble and this country seems to be complicitly going along people look for a way to sooth their nerves and the internet has opened many doors. The creation of “Second Life” was supposed to be a panacea for all that ails us but what are the repercussions to people living outside of the ‘real world’. It scares me.

JackPedigo 9 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think I would die if I had to live in the virtual world. There is so much more than the senses of sight and sound. I can't imagine sex without feeling heat, texture, smell, taste someone else's touch or sharing the after glow. Beyond that virtual anything is limited in possible random occurrences that make life so damn interesting.

I live on an island and made a trip to the mainland this weekend. The weather was nice and the ferry goes past many islands. The Cascade mountain range with it's snow capped mountains is in view . The road North on I-5 from one city to another winds through evergreen filled foothills with a view of the sea on one side and Mt. Baker on the other. You can't get that feeling from any computer.

Virtual sex increases with age. I just get too lazy to physically do anything about it.

godef Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

Virtual reality soon will produce smell, humidity and fill all the senses. Scientific American had a similar article not long ago. We will be able to implant memory into our brain itself. Think of the forms you see on the back of your eye lid when the light is turned off. You see a reality that the brain agrees is there but it is not outside at all This reality will be able to deliver the entire package of being human ,, including sexual pleasure. I do not fear this at all as it is what we all love, Evolution

EMC2 Level 8 Dec 29, 2017

Human made 'evolution' like GMO's and cloning. Soon e will all be borgian dolly's (the sheep).

Unfortunately our species won't survive long enough for this.

I used to spend endless hours playing the Sims, in fact I was playing the Sims when the news came on about 9/11. I was quite hooked, and I'm glad I got over it.

Soooooooo.......you hook up electric thingys onto you parts and....what?

P.T. Barnum was right!

Nah. There are billions of people on earth. The fact that some aren't crowding into the parks and art galleries, or booking spots in the best restaurants, just leaves more for those that still find the real world enjoyable.

Virtual sex is certainly safe sex. So why not?

I'm bisexual. If I ever want to have sex again, I'm going to have to buy it.

Sorry, I would rather have the real thing.

That is what ""VIRTUAL REALITY"IS

Doesn't matter...That's just more sex that I won't be having....

I am a Giver... that's my final answer!

Voyeuristic sex vs actual touch would be no contest for me. Voyeuristic to enhance self play, maybe, but given a chance for actual touch? Give me a real flesh and blood partner, capable of surprising me, building up the anticipation ANY day.

Zster Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

I’m more worried about what’s happening on the opposite side of the lense. What’s hapoening to the people being photographed?

everyone is looking but no one is seeing. they have the world at there fingertips and know nothing.it's really scary.

Talking with my daughter I should avoid this site because I will get depressed if I go on it. She said some people become shut ins because they live in a never never world and never want to leave it. That does scare me too. Besides there's nothing like the real thing-real sex. LOL.

The article talked about people feeling trapped in their life's situations. The virtual world was the only option these people saw. There are hundreds of thousands of them in this country alone.

I try to measure my time on this site but I can well see how enticing it can be like a drug. I am very lucky living in a place that offers a ton of opportunities but have been in places that offered little so I can see the draw of another albeit virtual life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11147
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.