Agnostic.com

9 4

Have you ever felt totality stupid self identifying as "genderfluid"

I'm thinking that when im 70 years old I'll look back at my wrinkled-body of a canvass, ruined with the ridiculousness of my faded out-of-touch tats and my sagging rope-like earlobes, and how I thought myself so cool by declaring my "genderfluidity" and say to my old-bag self: What a fucking idiot I was when I was young. But then hey, aren't we all?

MsAnneThrope 5 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 72, and I am not sure what gender fluid is. I am hetero female, who has a lot of gay friends, bi friends, and a couple of trans friends, so not sure what you are talking about. I will ask them if they know. As for the tattoos, I have several and I love them. I got my first on about 40 years ago, and I still love it. I am now in the process of getting a Joshua Tree on my arm, that goes from my wrist to my upper arm. So far, they are not saggy, but a couple of the oldest ones are faded a bit. I have been known to be a fucking idiot, but, I figure those idiotic things that I did, were lessons in life and I have learned and embraced them, and they have made me what I am today. My earlobes aren't sagging although I do have a few piercings in them. I just don't worry about it. I guess if I decided to be ashamed of things I have done in my life, I would have to discard all the fun, colorful, freaky aspects of it, and turn into a dull, grumpy, sad old bat. I say, go for it.

Eh. I tended to keep my "identities" private, for the most part, except to those I could trust and who were dearest to me. It's just not an announcement that the world at large needs to know about. I identify as childfree (really hate that word, BTW) and what is now called a demisexual heterosexual. I imagine that over time, those monikers will fade away and either be replaced with other language or described as aspects of one's personality and/or intrinsic qualities.

Yeah, I'm a boring hetero male and I still cringe at what a fucking idiot I was when I was young. The great irony of life to me is that you make the most consequential, lasting and portentous decisions when you're saddled with inexperience, raging hormones and lack of perspective, and then are obliged to live with all that and be punished by it basically forever. It's even worse if your family is the kind that never lets you forget it.

So you're definitely not alone.

I don't identify as gender fluid, I am a boring hetero male, though only as far as gender goes.
I have never been able to conform with the norms and institutions of mainstream and not that great with alternative either. We are all individuals, some of us are just on the outer ends of the bell curves, in my case, an outlier. Be who you need to be now.

I flush my gender fluids at least once a year.

I was genderfluid all my life but didn't realize it until 2014 (I'm currently 65). About then I accidentally discovered that a local Thai herb, derris scandens, also sold on amazon.com, cures
gender dysphoria, and even cleared up my severe dyslexia symptoms. My eyesight became sharp and I could much better tolerate the hot Thailand sun also.

I still don't know if anyone I've recommended this herb to before has bought any, and/or had similar results from taking it.
Mostly people on transgender forums grab the derris scandens info and disappear and I don't hear from them again.

There's no reason to feel stupid for being genderfluid. Everyone deserves to be able to embrace who they are and to enjoy themselves. I'm not sure how being genderfluid relates to having tattoos/piercings, but those aren't things to be ashamed of either. Your body is your body and we'll all be wrinkley and saggy one day even if we don't cover our bodies in art work.

Mea Level 7 June 20, 2018

But did you have fun?
And what lessons did you learn?

Never distort your body to the extent that no one will hire you to represent their business unless your work allows you to be away from the general public?

Perhaps, but I will just let you speak for yourself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111727
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.