Agnostic.com

15 1

How do you like to chill?

I try to kerp things simple and not get to caught up in heated political discussions but sometimes people try to draw you in and you can tell they just want to see where you fall on an issue. It's harder being an independent thinker because you tend to get criticised from both left and right. An objective point of view is definitely a minority it seems. How do you deal with people in your life who demand you stand with one side or the other?

brenthill817 3 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some sweet Bud and some good grub and a badass video game

I tend to leave people to have their own views, and in return they leave me to have mine. It's a kind of live and let live policy, where all sides avoid the confrontation. I find that most people I know are up to a free and frank exchange of views, without the impulse to change the other and just taking on board another's arguments as an opportunity to learn.

Denker Level 7 June 27, 2018

I chill out here , here makes me laugh a lot often - and by reading in bed I am 70 so sometimes go for a nap in the afternoon and love reading in bed it seems quite naughty.

jacpod Level 8 June 26, 2018

Smoke a doobi and listen to Nilsson

I use a fridge 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 June 22, 2018

I pedal my bike for both exercise and relaxing. After that, I read some science and geography journals.

I soundly stand on my side of the fence (fact over fiction) / (Science over religion)

I chill on my hammock basking in the sun. ?

generally they are correct.

Marine Level 8 June 21, 2018

I am one who likes to voice my opinion and can be passionate, but for the most part I won't engage in arguments with others because it usually devolves in to mud slinging and low blows. I have much more important things to do than try to convince Trent in far north Queensland that his view is wrong.

I stay at home, and avoid (mostly) FB. Too much political drama.

I saw your profile pick and you should check out my group "GUITARS ONLY!".

Take care,

M.

Thanks i sure will check it out! Im much more interested in creating music than arguing with people. Lol

My view is that sadly in these times, we have become so defined by our political views that they really do tell you 'bigly' about that person and how they interact with the world. I have turned from several people in my day to day life (I still interact with them but have less respect) because of their political stance because it tells me that they are comfortable with a host of issues that I find to be reprehensible. It is no longer just about economics, the job outlook or the price of gas. It is now about issues such as racism, sexism. misogyny and religious superiority just to name a few.

Personally, I'm not argumentative - I just leave.

Pook Level 5 June 21, 2018

Hi, Brent, and welcome to the website,

I definitely have taken a political side..I'm with Bernie.

This website has a bit of a learning curve so here is some information that might be helpful.

You earn website points, and help other members get to know you better, when you write an informational profile that includes your hobbies and interests, and answer all the profile questions, since that's the first place many people look when they see a new member.

Also, the website uses your profile to find member matches, so the more details you include, the better the match.

Then you make comments and write your own posts to earn more points and privileges; for instance, at level two you can private email people. You get different perks with each level, and when you reach level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

To find members near you, click on the "Meet" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Or click on the "About" button at the top of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Click on the 'Meet" button to find member matches

Levels are mostly a way to help identify and reward those who contribute to the growth of the community. The website also gives more access and benefits depending on level.[agnostic.com]

Perks for each level: [agnostic.com]

Links to FAQ: [agnostic.com],
and a website tutorial: [agnostic.com]

Have fun!

Firmly. I establish the boundaries and if they do not respect them, I can safely assume that respect is not extended to me. So that allows me to comfortably ignore them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.