Agnostic.com

37 8

Are you the kind of person who could forgive two-faced people?

I just can’t do it lol.

EmeraldJewel 7 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The face that is right? Sure!!!.... The problem is, how do you determine which one is which? ?

Several times that's too hard to forgive. But always I choose to forgive because of quietness of my mind and my heart. But of course I can't have the same relationship with those people. Victor Hugo said : " Many times forgiveness remaines deeper in humans consciousness then revenge" That's true. Sometimes forgiveness hurt more then revenge. That's a contradiction but is true..

I'd forgive them but secretly be waiting for my revenge.

Gareth Level 7 June 21, 2018

I find it hard to forgive and I certainly don't forget.

It depends on who and how they crossed me . I hate liers they steal your trust .

My absolute least favorite thing is when someone lies to me. I'm amazingly understanding... Until that happens. People that know me realize they can tell me anything as long as it's the truth.
Still, depending on bad the offense is, I can potentially give a second chance. But never a third. And if they lie again they are completely cut out of my life.

Bear gets you once, Shame on bear.
Bear gets you twice Shame on you.!

My Ex-wife has an affait, but we were friends all our lives so while I couldn't bring myself to continue our romantic relationship (she was completely unapologetic and even blamed me for making it too easy for her. ahem) after a 2 year break she and I are trying to at least be friends again.

That being said, I'm not the type to hold a grudge so....

Rineir Level 2 June 21, 2018

Wise man once say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza"

Forgiveness is for the benefit of the forgiver. Not the forgiven. The forgiven can not be permitted close enough to repeat the offence. Forgiven does not mean one can repeat the slight. Thusly I forgive my parents because "they no not what they do", but they can not ever be in my life again being as toxic as they are. And unrepentant of ever asking for my forgiveness.

Forgiveness doesn't mean that you accept that person back into your life. Of if you do that you ever trust that person fully again... Forgiveness means you're letting go on your end. You're taking all the anger, betrayal, and other emotions and acknowledging them, assessing whether or not it's safe for you to be around this person, and then allowing them to integrate.

I'm horrible with forgiveness, I really wish I could.

The problem is that forgiveness is not for the forgiven.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111955
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.