Agnostic.com

46 3

If you were given the chance, would you want to be famous?

I won’t lie that I used to want to be famous, due to all of the love you’d get from fans, but then as I started to look further into things, I changed my mind and decided fame wouldn’t be what it is cracked out to be. All your fans would love you for what you’re doing, not for you because way before stars were famous, none of those people could care less about them. Even though I’m not a believer in the Illuminati, I’ve heard horror stories about these celebrities sacrificing family members as blood sacrifices to pay up to Lucifer that goes down in Hollywood. I’m sorry, but no amount of fame and money would be worth me bumping off my own loved ones for a world that is fickle like fans, who could turn on you at any point.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope, I like my privacy.

No, I can be too introverted to be famous, I don't like being looked at walking down the street, I love my privacy, I love my alone time. So I guess something like a famous author where I used a pen name and no one actually knew who I was, but I still became rich would be ideal. Except Im terrible at writing 😟 Oh well. Haha.

Sacha Level 7 Dec 28, 2017

Lol writing is one of my passions!

I think I'd like to have the kind of famous that is an actor who gets work, works regularly, builds up a body of work and fortune quietly, and then retires and gives back to charities and lives off the interest. But I wouldn't kill anyone to get it.

I have to have respect for you for that. It baffles my mind how people can kill their own family or anybody for that matter. I couldn’t live with myself. As soon as it came down to kill, I’d be done with it altogether. It isn’t worth it.

No I would not because you will lose your privacy and have nothing but fake people around you

Yep!

I think I'd rather be infamous

No.
I worked as an "Extra" In movies, on TV shows and in commercials, and I've met, but more often just observed celebrities, and I don't envy them. I would not mind being rich, but fame has a cost where your life and privacy becomes a pert of the public domain and more often than not it really fucks people up psychologically. The price isnt' worth any of the rewards.

Some celebrities are actually sane and very nice people, but still they have no real privacy... ever. i could nto live like that.

If I got a shit ton of money, like millions every year. Though, if I was famous I feel like I wouldn't be able to be myself. I am a VERY opinionated person who acts on emotions rather than logical thinking most of the time and I am an ASSHOLE. So, if I were famous I'd either have to change or learn to keep my mouth shut 9 times out of 10. I used to want to be famous, but now? I feel like it wouldn't be such a good idea because i'd probably be insulted and hated all the time. With my already low self-esteem, lack of confidence in myself, anxiety and depression... I think fame would completely break me. I'd be the next bald headed Britney Spears!

Yeah I think I’d probably have a break down, too. Plus people can be mean as hell, especially people who hate to see you do good.

No, I prefer to be anonymous and invisible.

I would like to have more money. I am a working stiff, an office clerk. Would be nice to be affluent. But if celebrity status had to come with it, no thanks. I like my privacy. I like my anonymity. I do NOT want to be a public figure. Better to be a struggling working stiff with my sanity than to be famous.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

ya im fine with the quiet life i have. everyone would just want your money and like u because of your talent. not gonna lie tho u lost me with that blood sacrifice and luicifer stuff lol

People believe in strange, but dangerous things. Here’s a link to kind of give you an idea about how Hollywood do.
[worldtruth.tv]

Nah... that's Okay... Keep it... I'm fine just being Notorious.

It depends on why you're famous. Charlie Manson is famous. I think it be fun to be famous for doing things that I enjoy doing.

Let's distinguish between famous and infamous. The late appalling Manson was definitely the latter.

I don't think I'd like being a public figure; I like my privacy too much. But I always thought it would be cool to be well known among the well known, and anonymous among the anonymous.

skado Level 9 Dec 28, 2017

Yes, if I was famous i would use fame to help animals.

That’s the brighter side to look at fame.

I am in fact extremely famous, it is just that nobody knows about me. Honestly though, I would run and hide from any form of recognition.

I already am in my mind. Older now with many experiences behind me and the most wonderful of a life if I realize I am my own hero.. I made what I have today and now that the later years are upon me , I have learned than Fame or recognition is special , only when I believe it.

EMC2 Level 8 Dec 30, 2017

not a chance . I love walking the streets unmolested

Lol

Hell no! Fame, even if it were as great as it seems from the outside, would not be for me. I'm too solitary, too private. I could never handle that degree of public attention. To top it off, I've heard horror stories about people who become famous often ending up as a puppet whose strings are pulled by handlers and agents and producers who are there to keep the fame-machine running. I fear one ceases being a person and is just a piece of meat being thrown to the lions (i.e., the public).

Like famous author famous...not movie star or rock star....lack of privacy makes you go insane...and dive into depression

There is a lot of truth in being the puppet master when the puppet string breaks the mistake is forgiven because of animity. The people with their faces plastered on a tabloid because they made a mistake of presumed mistake, are shamed for it all across the world. Might be famous but go down in history known for making had choices.

If it was because I discovered some lifesaving (all life, not just human life) or other integral information, than I might not mind. But honestly, I enjoy my reclusiveness.

Actually, I would like to be famous, but not movie star famous, but Richard Dawkins, Bertrand Russell, or Carl Sagan famous; I'd like to be famous for reason, science, true history, or atheism. The fame then would be for having a profile in these areas, the kind of fame that inspires others and promotes a better world. I say that as someone who is generally very private - I would hate to be movie star - but I would forgo that for the greater good.

Famous? Maybe not exactly. Recognized for positive accomplishment? Definitely.

No. I don't like being stared at in public even. I hate that kind of attention.

The Bodyguard-remember how one sister turned on the other over fame and fortune? I thought I was going to be marrying a rock star. Album never got national release. LOL>

Lol oh yes! I remember!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11225
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.