Agnostic.com

11 5

How clean does your house have to be?

My son n law and his girlfriend are comming down to stay a night. Damn... im being caught in the middle of could you do this. Do you mind doing that.... geeze!

BucketlistBob 8 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As clean as you are comfortable with.

Marine Level 8 June 23, 2018

We keep things kind of clean all of the time, but it's a good thing company comes every once in a while so that the house gets a deep cleaning every now and then. And, yeah, it's an all-hands-on-deck sort of thing.

vita Level 7 June 23, 2018

I don't let my place get to where it would take more than an hour to clean up. It's sometimes a bit cluttered, but never dirty.

When i was single i did that. That last minute jump through your butt thing is crazy. Why am i suppose to understand procrastination?

I hire a cleaning crew to help me as needed. They come every week right now, it frees me up to do other things and It stays very tidy. Otherwise it would be a disaster. 😀 I try though.

We talked about that.... we only have a few things to do around here.... so i decided not to.

Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy.

I’m retired I don’t work. Well sometimes I do.

Mine isn’t what you’d call nasty, but it is chaotic and could use some cleaning.

You're a Honeydew!

My sister cleaned the house yesterday because her son is coming to visit this weekend.
He won't notice or care how clean the house is or isn't, besides, he'll be gone most of the time hanging out with his friends all night.

It makes her feel better.

When the cleaning lady leaves it is usually clean. By the time she comes back it is like a cyclone went through every room. lol

azzow2 Level 9 June 22, 2018

Alrighty.... a cleaning lady

If you are coming to see me, you are welcome anytime....if you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.lol. They are coming to see you...keep the lights low, go outside, sprinkle a little pine sol around...good to go! Enjoy family time...a messy house is not going to ever be remembered...

@Paul628 People tend to use precious time on the things that truly do not matter. We need to constantly rethink our priorities as our time on this planet is already limited. Spend it wisely.

I was nodding my head until you said 'a messy house won't be remembered'. Completely depends on the company!

@AstralSmoke ha ha true there...I doubt we are talking about hoarding, but a well lived in house is probably going to be fine...they want it neater, go for it...here is the broom and the dust rag...lol

@thinktwice I'm pretty blind when I visit someone 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.