Agnostic.com

10 19

*10 Cool Christopher Hitchens Quotes😘
These are ten of my favorites from Christopher Hitchens.

1. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

2. How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.

3. Nothing proves the man-made character of religion as obviously as the sick mind that designed hell.

4. Take the risk of thinking for yourself , much more happiness , truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

5. If I convert it's because it's better that a believer dies than that an atheist does.

6. Everything I love: literature, irony, humor, the individual, and the defense of free expression.

7. If only religion were an opiate. No known narcotic rots the brain so fast.

8. The measure of an education is that you acquire some idea of the extent of your ignorance.

9. The forces of piety have always and everywhere been the sworn enemy of the open mind and the open book.

10. My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ass.

silvereyes 8 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was very fortunate to get spend significant time with Hitchens in person. I've drank and smoked and argued with him several times. (I am even mentioned in Peter Sagal's "Hitchens Story" that he wrote when Hitchens passed)

This is my favorite quote of his by far. "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Words to fucking LIVE by.

I am envious. Very envious!
I can think of no better person to take tinctures with than Hitch

My favorite is #4. Think for yourself-happiness, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you. Don'tlet others tell you what tobelieve, think,dream or feel. You are your own creator or boss.

1. There seems to be no end to such assertions that are based on imagination and beliefs.

2. I agree.

3. The notion of Hell and heaven is one of the oldest forms of operant conditioning known to
    man.

4. Whole heartedly agree, dare to be different.

5. "History is replete with men and women who have gone to their deaths for their beliefs. There
    is nothing new in this and it will continue into the foreseeable future. Personally, I would never
    die for my beliefs because, after all, I could be wrong"..Bertrand Russell

6. Friedrich Nietzsche "In heaven all the interesting people are missing."

7. In the absence knowledge many jump in to fill the gap with belief.

8. "Life is a learning experience and part of the process of learning involves making mistakes
    apparently, that is how we learn. It is okay to make mistakes providing you do not make any
    mistakes in principle, that is, irreversible mistakes." Arnold Arnold

9. Thinking is not merely a matter of intelligence but more a matter of courage.

10. "A person is an adult when he realizes he not only has the right to be right but also the right
    to be wrong." Thomas Szasz

Oh, I miss that man so very much! Sometimes I watch videos of him on YouTube just to make me feel better.

Well done!

Hell would be about the sickest and fearing concept mankind has ever invented from their Imagination.

If I am not over obediently and love God over everyone and thing most. I am then force to be burning and tortured in hell forever.

Wow!!! Where can I sign up.

#7 and #10 are my favorites

3 ,5 ,7 , and 10. Makes a good soup!

10 is my favorite! 👍

Number 5! So good!

Gems

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.