Agnostic.com

36 1

Are you 100% certain that there is no god?

So I just signed up on here and as I was filling out my profile, It asks "to what percent are you certain that there are no gods" to which I (as an atheist) initially thought 100%. However, I answered 99.9 because I feel that to be so unconditionally sure about something can only really come from faith based reasoning. So I feel the need to leave a tiny bit of wiggle room because I am a logical thinker and will also feel some level of skepticism. What do the rest of you heathens think about this?

RoboGraham 8 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I may not be 100% certain that there are no gods, but I am 100% certain there is not enough evidence to convince me that a god or gods do exist.

I put 99.99 percent and it's the reason I consider myself agnostic and not an atheist. I just can't believe that anything doesn't exist somewhere without proof even if I think the chances of the Christian god being real is the same as a black whole opening up in my front yard and sucking me into a place where Game of Thrones is real life.

I don't see how anyone can know or not know. But let's say, for a minute, that there is. Well that would be pretty amazing but what difference would it actually make? Let's say its the abrahamic god. It made the entire universe, all the planets, everything. Would it really be that concerned if something as insignificant as me didn't pay it the appropriate amount of respect?
So (and I get this idea from Buddhism 🙂 ) you can't know so why waste your time worrying about it? Far better to use the time you have on things you can know and have some benefit from. Such as being a good person -good for you, good for everyone else. Possibly good for god but who knows? 😉

Oh Hell Yeah!!!

100% is close enough.
The residual probability of any of the gods humans have invented to actually exist (and not just in the sense of an idea invented by humans) is so close to zero that it can be treated like 0 for all practical purposes.
In other words, your 0.1% look incredibly huge to me!

100% sure that there is no Abrahamic / monotheistic god. Do things exist that we can't yet perceive, sure. Are there beings superior to us in the universe? I hope so.

If there is a god, they are a kid and we are an ant farm...

I input 95%....because IT could be called different names, we just do not understand yet

i'm only 100% certain that I cannot accept the notion that there is based on the fact that someone says that there is and the supremacist images of such. I personally find the whole notion of believe in the concept of a judeo Christian or other concept of such an entity to be truly supremacist and racist in conception, ideology and practice.

I really don't give it much thought. I've been nontheist for the past 25 years or more and it's not something that's relevant for me. I know what I know and leave it at that.

it's kinda like folk asking me if I believe in hell or the devil? it makes no sense.

I am 100% certain that there are no gods and all religion is a scam. I base this certainty on years of personal observation and the complete lack of credible, verifiable evidence of the existence of any gods.

I'm an agnostic atheist. I can't "know" completely, tho much evidence does tend to lean towards no creator god, but I surely do not "believe" as I have seen no proof of a creator/god, & much that seems to go the other way. So, not 100% certain there is no god, but fairly sure that is the case, & I live my life that way.

I am at the 99.99999... and concur with Mark Twain: "If there is a God, he is a malign thug."

100% certain there is no God. Not 100% certain some higher intellect might have Once existed that created life that evolved to this state .A creator could create and cease to exist. I tend to believe that matter always existed only in different forms. If humans exist then why not the possibility of mortal creator . Each one can not be explained

Define God. If your definition of God is self contradictory, I am certain that that concept of God doesn't exist.

I raised my 75% rating to 90% leaving "wiggle room" if somehow something happens when tRUMP has his hand on the switch which when presssed will hasten the end of the world as we know it.

I can't say 100% but I'm pretty god damn confident. I would like to know where the universe and/or multiverse came from.

I'm 100% sure that the god I was raised to believe in doesn't exist. There are so many definitions of god that there may exist, some god that I haven't heard about, but I'm pretty sure at this point that I have no interest in it, if it does exist.

To me, the existence of the common definition of a god as an all-knowing omnipresent benevolent Being having ‘created us’ in ‘his image’ is beyond the shadow of a doubt 100% false. Speculation beyond that is fine, but had better stop short of describing anything as fact until those facts are in.

Varn Level 8 Dec 30, 2017

I don’t care. It’s irrelevant.

There have been thousands upon thousands of gods in the past. None of them were real. More than 3,000 gods are worshipped today and the same number of them are real as there were in the past.

Yes.

The odds in Vegas that there is no God is 4:1

LOL!

There is also the issue of what a "god" actually is can be ambiguous. I can say with 100% certainty that I do not believe in the christian/islamic/jewish etc. god but when people say that god is nature or god is the great beyond or god is something really complex that we haven't even discovered yet, well then it gets a bit more complicated. However, I think that calling these big picture things "god" is really just a way for skeptical yet spiritual people to let go of tradition religion without taking that final scary step of admitting that there is no higher power.

I think a belief in god is faith, and i have absolutely no faith that there is an actual god.

You know I have experience what some would call God. But it was more of a field, a blanket of love. But I couldn't imagine that field to be a guy. And the more you read into the Bible, an when you study the trickster phenomenon, you start to see a connection.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11461
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.