Agnostic.com

6 2

Creation / Starting Theory

What do you think of the idea that something much more intelligent than us, outside of what we know as the universe to be a creator of it and see this just as how we see atoms?
(Other than this I see no intelligence to have started this process, and it's definitely not 'omnipotent' etc.)

• 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 6 votes
Asa7th 3 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's very implausible - something intelligent that has the power to create the Universe is orders of magnitude more complicated than the Universe itself. The idea of that just springing into existence is a much greater leap than the Universe springing into existence.

Just like how 2000 years ago the idea of germ theory was very implausible though, or even the big bang for that matter , as we did not get that far yet

What gets me is they say god is perfect, if this is true how come he created an imperfect world? Was he/she bored ?

Ronny Level 4 June 25, 2018

You can't debate with someone who is brainwashed to think things like that aha

Who says that there was a beginning point before which nothing existed? Why do people seem to insist that must be?

Human psychology is why people insist it, I'm not personally... just an idea here, because then whatever made everything we know may also not know where they came from and ask the same questions

@Asa7th Because we are biological organism and because all biological organisms seem to have a birth and death, we assume that all things have a beginning and end. But that does not take into account the facts that(1) the molecules and energy that comprise us do not end when we die, but continue in some form (meaning that we are simply the latest phase of those components), and (2) we did not come into being from nothing, but are the product of DNA from our parents (ergo we are simply a continuation of them that has become independent of their personal existences).

@wordywalt indeed ?

There is so much we don't understand.

I would have chosen "I don't know," if it were an option.

Gohan Level 7 June 25, 2018

I also would have said "I don't know", philosophically, but "I think it highly unlikely" in terms of belief. There's no evidence of such a thing and I don't know how you'd go about evidencing it to begin with. Or whether it would be relevant. Indifferent, absent, and non-existent gods all behave the same.

@mordant I wouldnt think of it as a god, just a more advanced being

@mordant Agreed and well stated.

@Asa7th Yes that is another point, an advanced and/or powerful being is one thing, an intelligent agent responsible for the creation and maintenance of the universe or owed some sort of fealty is quite another.

I think we are a product of random happenstance. Any creator would have to be a flawed disappointment.

Well the idea was not of human creation just the universe as a whole, like a project or experiment

@Asa7th my answer remains the same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.