Agnostic.com

56 6

Death. Do you fear it?

I don't believe there is anything after death. Like falling asleep and dreaming nothing forever. Which isn't a scary thing to happen really since I will have no awareness of anything anymore. So why am I still afraid of death? Has anyone overcome this fear in part or in whole?

Estam 4 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I rescue old dogs that no one wants, I interact with death often. Helping these loyal creatures pass painlessly & with comfort has inured me to the grim reaper. I would just like to know where the energy goes as it can never be eliminated according to physics.

I really don't fear it as I realize it is only a part of life. Each of us owe this life a death. What comes after that is up to that moment. I would really like to come back as a ghost and haunt the shit out of people just for shits and giggles, but that may not happen. Sounds like you may have more of a fear of the unknown than of death itself. Sooner or later we will all find out the truth of what happens. I believe we all are currently living in hell, when we die and all is peaceful we are in have made it to heaven and no longer need to deal with the day to day BS of life. I don't believe in deities, but do not fear their existence either.

I don't care. I would have probably killed myself by now if I could do it with no pain

I understand what you are saying. It seems to me that I fear the loneliness, being away from my family and friends. I know that really doesn't make sense... I guess it sounds like being in a coma. That is what makes me a but afraid.

No, been around long enough to feel death is stoping me from reaching this or that, so when it happens it happens!

Not particularly. I wouldn’t want it to be soon, or painful. Ok, maybe it’s that death kind of scares me but being dead does not!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.