Agnostic.com

14 4

One of my first questions that couldn’t be answered. My Mom said they married ladies from far away. But couldn’t tell me where they came from.

Annaleda 8 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Makes no sense what so ever. Unless there was a miracle girl that appeared out of thin air lol.

Ha ha.

If they married ladies from far away, wouldn’t that imply that there were other men and women contemporaneous with Adam and Eve?

More than likely if this cockamamie story did actually happen, the god of the Bible finally figured out that he'd better head back in to the shop, refire the kiln and bake up a few more humans or his little ant farm was going to die off real quick. Cain, Abel and Seth sitting around giving each other hand jobs clearly wasn't working.

Audumla licked salty rocks so fast that the heat and friction created three women for them to marry. Then Prometheus gave them fire. Or maybe the whole story is horseshit. I don't know....

It is simple. Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife. All the Noddites were trying to kill him for murdering Abel as there was as yet no judges, juries or defense lawyers. The land of Nod was created on the 8th day (after God had finished resting) just before he made Narnia

It's very simple you know; inflatable wives from Amazon.com

Ages, it was before Prime was available!

I remember asking a priest who Cain and Abel made babies with if there was only there mom and dad around. He was not impressed;. my mom on the other hand laughed!

I remember having the same question when I was in elementary school. How do adults still buy into this nonsense?

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

They are mo-fo's!

godef Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

Lol

Here is a link that gives some possible answers from the "Forgotten Books of Eden". Makes for interesting reading. Let me know what you think.

[sacred-texts.com]

Betty Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Thank you.

The whole story is too far-fetched.

Ya think?

When Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden they ended up near a community of peoples who did not know "the true god". And yes, Cain, Able, and Seth married women from among those people.

I got that answer from a decon and wasn't satisfied. It just didn't make sense either. If God created the heavens and the earth then he would have created the community of people who did not know "the true God" as well. It creates more questions than it answers. 🙂

Which would be an admission that Adam and Eve weren't the foundation of all humanity, ...you might even say, a wink toward the evolutionary fact of multiple early humanoid lines of development. Sounds suspiciously like the original author of the story meant it clearly to be metaphorical, not literal.

@MikeinBatonRouge oh f&ck yes! So much of the bible is metaphorical and not literal. It is hard to pick out the facts that way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.