Agnostic.com

19 5

What are your plans for ringing in the New Year?

I'll be cozied up on the couch with my hubby nice and warm watching the countdown with a nice cup of hot chocolate. Aint life grand?

Betty 8 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Changing my hearing aid batteries. 🙂

You'll be able to hear the festivities. 👍

Happy New Year. 🙂

@betpaq
Was a play on the word RINGING. Love playing with words, don't you?

@Ninjasis Can be fun. 🙂

Between the cops out everywhere and the atmosphere of forced gaiety at the turn of a calendar page, New Year's Eve is the one night out of the year I'm happy to be home. I got the woodstove going, opened a 15-pack of Founders IPA, and started in on cooking my traditional southern New Year's Day fare of hoppin' John and greens.

Sounds like you're all set. Happy New Year. 🙂

I'll build a fire in the fireplace, make a pot of chili and watch TV with the missus until we decide to go to bed (probably around 10:00).

Sounds like a wonderful family evening. Happy New Year to you and yours. 🙂

Being somewhere safe, off the roads, away from the crazies, hopefully with a few good close friends.

Good friends can make any evening special. Happy New Year to you and your friends. 🙂

Just done with the new year celebrations at our residential society.

Hope it was a blast. Happy New Year! Wishing you health, prosperity, and happiness in 2018. 🙂

@betpaq thank you. Wish you a great year ahead.

I'm so glad that with this holiday it has absolutely nothing to do with religion. I'll be quietly celebrating that relief relative to the week prior.

I might have some left over cookies, watch a movie, and settle with a nice glass of whiskey.

Enjoy your evening and have a Happy New Year. 🙂

For those who saw when "Harry Met Sally"... "The Improv Ending of the never filmed Sequel"

Enjoy your evening and may the new year bring many opportunities for improv in your life.

Happy New Year. 🙂

@betpaq Is the way to be... Thank You. Hope You Have the Best of Years!!!

I'll probably go to sleep relatively normal time, as I like to greet the New Year early, and do a morning hike. A tradition of mine.

It's usually extra peaceful with many still nursing their hangovers !

For all of you that are in a deep freeze, stay safe and warm ... (everyone else too).

Be safe on your hike and may you sleep be peaceful and restful.

Have a Happy New Year. 🙂

@betpaq thanks ! and to you as well ...

staying and and off the roads

Better safe than sorry. Have a lovely evening and Happy New Year. 🙂

Beers with friends!

Sounds like an enjoyable evening. Be safe and have a Happy New Year. 🙂

Watching Netflix and going to bed early.

Enjoy your show/s and Happy New Year. 🙂

Thank you.

Staying home,and making sure the water pipes don't freeze!

Stay warm, enjoy your night and Happy New Year. 🙂

I bought my first alcoholic beverage in 5 years..- a bottle of southern comfort with eggnog and cranraspberry juice. Making guacamole, have chips and salsa. Probably get high with my daughter and toast with roommates. Safer at home. Probably saying hi to friends on this site tonite. Happy New Years everyone-to a better 2018.

You're all set. Enjoy, be safe and Happy New Year. 🙂

same to you and everyone here

I'll prolly be on bed since I work at 6am

Have a restful sleep. Happy New Year. 🙂

Will stay in, eating finger foods throughout this evening and again tomorrow with the kids.

Got any suggestions of what to watch , without cable or TV (we stream) to count down? In the past, we've not found much, and so have made do with out own countdown.

Zster Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

We stream as well. We usually watch CBC, so hopefully, they will have a countdown this year. 🙂

And, have a Happy New Year. 🙂

I went out the last two nights, so nothing for me tonight.

Will you stay up to ring in the New Year?

I usually don't crash until 12:00 or 12:30 anyway, so probably.

@webbew1

Enjoy your evening and Happy New Year. 🙂

Cwtched up on the sofabed under duvet watching movies with emo teen daughter.

Lol.

Which movie?

@betpaq I've absolutely no idea yet lol 🙂

@Trapezoid

Once you have decided, I hope you enjoy it. Happy New Year! Wishing you the best in 2018. 🙂

@betpaq I ended up being "mum's taxi" after lol - have a great 2018 yourself!

@Trapezoid

Your first good deed of the year. 🙂

One of my kids is hosting a NYE party, so I will be there. Likely will remain sober, or if not I'm sure I can sleep at her house.

Sounds like a fun evening with loved ones. Happy New Year. 🙂

A couple of drinks and go to bed. I decided to stay home... to cold outside.

Oh boy! Do I know that feeling! We're in a deep freeze here and I refuse to go outside. Not a winter girl to begin with and certainly not an icicle girl. 😛

Oh! And Happy New Year. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.