Agnostic.com

58 5

Do you taunt the religious?

Not in a mean and vicious way, but in a snarky, humorous way. I'm curious.

Redcupcoffee 7 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I put a crucifix on a string and dangle it over Christians' heads so they'll jump for it like a kitten going after yarn. 😉

Gotta try that...

No. I try to treat all people with dignity and respect.

No.

skado Level 9 Dec 31, 2017

I don't taunt anybody unless they throw the first stone. The way I was raised, you don't ever throw the first punch. But you make damn sure you throw the last. And I can be one vicious son of a bitch if I need to be.

Yes, always, consistently. But they deserve it, I was told last year the garden of Eden had been found, archeologists had uncovered garden shapes ruins, fossils are fake put in place by satan. So I go along with it, if we evolved from monkeys, how come there are still monkeys, it takes millions of years to evolve and monkeys don't live that long. Many swallow it hook line and sinker.

I don't taunt them. If they engage me in a conversation about their religion I will ask questions about their beliefs and point out hypocrisies in the bible or there version of it. A favorite is slavery and rape are acceptable behavior in the bible.

MattW Level 6 Dec 31, 2017

I sometimes like to poke them with a stick. 🙂

Funny....very funny!! Once I poked a Christian and he started throwing his poo at me. Proving are connection to lower primates.

No... I was taught not to bully, not take advantage of the handicapped. But behind their backs... among us... I guess they are Fair Game.

IF 'taunting' means earnestly trying to explain to them that their belief systems are erroneous and unfounded, then yes I'll admit that I do taunt them in some way.
But I see it more as my Human Duty to try to get them to see that Reality IS the only thing that we, as humans, have and that mythology/religion is really only a disguised version of escapism.

I do, yes.

I fault religious leadx\ers and demagogues.

No - no point really. They have a right to their disillusioned state ...

Only if they insist in engaging. If someone is generally interested in why I think the way I do I don't mind giving them my time. But I am very clear with them what I will not do. I have been asked to debate in their church, since they had apparently never met a mild mannered clean cut atheist (I know right!)

DrT Level 4 Dec 18, 2018

No I elieve in live and let live. As long as my feelings are receprecated. To me taunting would be a mute point. It's been my experience that you, or at I can't teach an d sog new tricks. Without knowing you better
I'll leave it at that!

depends how annoying they're being !!

Always can't be helped. Even the way I say God is sarcastic

The problem is it all kind of runs together. I start by doing it in fun. Then just kinda moves over. I just don't understand how people can believe in nonsense. Things we were told as children to scare us. To make us behave. Do I enjoy messing with religious people? Sometimes. But sometimes it is like trying to explain Calculus to a fish. They will just never get it. And there is no way to make them see.

No...it's one of our basic freedoms in the Constitution. To believe or whatever, so why taunt? Added: I WILL admit, SOMEONE OR SOMETHING created the first dust particle, amoeba, whatever, but where are they and WTF?

only if they come to the door and im already naked lol

I don't know if you would call it taunting, but I do debate ruthlessly! Lol

Yes, but I use big words and recite passages they haven't read in order to keep them oblivious.
For added fun, I might read them a passage from the Koran if they seem obtuse.

To be honest I don't know how to approach them as I really think they are truely misguided and sometimes stupid and unthinking. The smartest people can be religious. They are so into their belief that nothing you say can sway them, they have every hole covered with one reason or another explanation. I leave them, respect their right to believe what they want, as long as their belief system does not impinge upon my basic freedom of rights and live my life and believe what I want to believe.

No, just stay away from them. No problem with them if they don't encroach on us.

For me, it's open season on religitards. They usually end up giving up on me with ad hominem attacks which show them for what they are. The reason behind why I tangle with them is the lurkers. The ones with their mind half made-up. The ones looking to be convinced one way or the other.

I'll be disrespectful back to someone dishing it out, yet can hold my own with logic and common sense. What I like is making an open display of their belief when they don't have an ounce of evidence to back up their claims. Just recently I had a fundie say that god's murder of first-borns in Egypt was cool.

Mic drop

...just a note.. I appreciate about everything you post ..but having worked with, thus advocated for ‘cognitively delayed’ or ‘retarded children,’ I find the term “religitard,” as well as the wrong-wing’s use of “libtard” offensive, as the base word is obviously ‘retard.’ ...I get it.. and appreciate your passion ..but have stopped short of giving you the thumbs up you most often deserve due to that one ‘word’ 🙂

I really try not to, just like I don't want them telling me how sinful my lifestyle is. However, when it comes to pro-lifers who love the fetus and hate the baby, let them have it! I won't go out of my way to attack people's beliefs unless the believers feel that their beliefs somehow trump my human rights.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.