Agnostic.com

10 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get JV all the time from a Kingdom Hall not far away. I’m usually very nice, chat for a bit and send them on their merry way. I once visited them in their Kingdom Hall wearing my Atheist t-shirt. Sat through the entire 3 hour lecture service about doomsday and how people outside of their congregation have no joy. Horrible indoctrination, there were plenty of kids there and I’m certain they had never seen an atheist before so I’m glad I introduced them to non-belief as a possible choice in life.

My window cleaner is a JW he does a decent job and doesn’t try to convert me so I’m happy employing him. However if he did mention his beliefs he would get the bum’s rush!

They don't bother me and it's maybe because my grandparents were JW's by way of getting away from Baptists. The only problems I have with JW's is that when I talk to them they think I am agreeing with them. I am not.
Are JW's a cult? About as much as any religion by denomination is a cult. Mainstream religions hate them because they deny the soul. This is so against the "fear of death" that dominates all other religions.
Remember folks that gods are imaginary. It matters not if you want to put English language vowels in between JHVH to come up with a name or if you believe in Zeus or the Great Jollyjolly.

I'm so glad they don't come out where I live.

We had them in my hometown - and when they'd show up at one of the neighbors - they call everyone else and warn them. We just didn't answer the door.

I actually have a friend who is JW - it took her a year of friendship before she told me. She knew I was an agnostic.

It really is a cult - some of the restrictions put on their members are just crazy. I wish she would just go to a more "average" religion - because this one is not good for her.

I really hope that that kid does. My take is that it was a form of Child abuse. 14 it makes me sad.

LOL! More effort than I'd ever go to, but I applaud him!

Not me but a friend of mine - When 2 JW ladies showed up his comment to them was "ladies my religion is like my sex life, non of your business" Needless to say that was the last time they showed up at his door.

I believe the best argument to use against JWs right now is the pedophile issue. A&E just did a segment on it in their cults program on Tuesday evenings. I would imagine that bringing something like that up would be more efficient than just yelling at them.

gearl Level 8 July 1, 2018

Why would I need an issue beyond their own ridiculous message? Someone can always claim a bad apple but justify their message ~ never!

Bravo! I applauded. Well done.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't come to my door anymore. I got rid of them with smart-ass remarks.

This stumped them. While they puzzled, I said goodbye and shut the door. My go-to declarative statements:

1. I don't believe in an invisible being that resides somewhere beyond the clouds.

2. At age four, I stopped having imaginary friends.

3. I don't believe in invisible beings like the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus or an unseen deity.

4. "We are ALL atheists here," sweeping my arm grandly to include the entire neighborhood.

The people that have no clue that has to try and force the nonsense on us. If that was you, great job. I should have recorded the lady that was telling me her deity was not magical she also had her young grandson with her. I told her instead of pestering people. Why don't you teach this kid her to go after Congress and debunk the raping of America Congress does with the oil futures.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119597
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.