Agnostic.com

39 7

Do you celebrate 4th of July or is it just another ordinary day to you?

EmeraldJewel 7 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I call it the Farce of July. It's just another day. I'm not big on celebrating anniversaries of any type. Might explain why I'm divorced, ha ha!

Juat another day with a lot of noise!

Today is just a regular day because I have to work tomorrow, but I'll celebrate this weekend

Qiru Level 6 July 4, 2018

Really all depends how it falls , during the week it becomes just another day for me , i work the next day usually

I've grown a bit weary of fireworks. I used to love them, but was at a local fireworks in 2010 when a young man in his 20's was killed helping the crew set off the mortars; he leaned over too far and one hit him in the head as it launched. I haven't been to one since. There's nothing patriotic about any of it anyway; just a big, noisy platitude.I just don't care about them any more.Or Independence Day, for that matter. Sure, I'm glad a group of men got together and declared our independence from England, but if Jefferson, Hamilton, Madison, Paine, both Adams', Bartlett, Franklin and others saw us today, they'd be blown away by our technology, but, I think, ashamed of how ignorant so many of our citizens are; but I digress.And fireworks really frighten the dogs...'nough said.

Love the 4th!

I do. I like history and love this country

We celebrate

I get together with some friends. We have a nice cookout, drink a lot of beer and when it gets dark we light a bunch of fireworks.
Fireworks or not, it's still a good time with my friends.
We live pretty far away from most people, so we aren't scaring any one, or dogs and such.

I get together with my sister to watch fireworks and remember our brother (he always got us together on the 4th). This year I was also invited to a cookout at a friend's house. So, it is just another day, but with more invitations...

I'm puzzled by the fascination people have with fireworks - I see hundreds of people around me dropping a few hundred bucks on these things, just to literally burn it all up in an hour or less. For much less, there's plenty of organized, professionally constructed fireworks displays all around.

Of course, I live just a miles from Disneyland and can see the display from the sidewalk outside my apartment every day of the year.

I worked for 12 hours; so it wasn't really anything special.

JimG Level 8 July 4, 2018

Just another day but answering this question does bring back a few memories:

A parade at Ft. Leonard Wood where I met a guy wearing strange pants - - he had a large part of his butt cheek removed because of a brown recluse spider bite while on bivouac:

Many performances playing Sousa marches and "patriotic" works in a community band. . .

and a night in Devils Lake where I listened to the fireworks from my bedroom because the mosquitoes were just too bad to go outside.

yeah i spent my fourth cleaning doing housework and taking care of disabled family. way past caring about fireworks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.