Agnostic.com

36 6

Childhood Favorite Toys

What toys were your favorites when you were a child? I loved my Daisy Air Rifle, my Erector Set, my Slinky, my Duncan Yo-Yo, and my AMT model car kits. Also liked my Lincoln Logs and my Davy Crockett coonskin cap (boy, am I dating myself!). 😮

RobLawrence 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bicycles. They gave me my first sense of freedom.

Jnei Level 8 July 5, 2018

Loved my bikes and riding all over the city. I made them myself out of parts people threw away. I built quite a few. I love learning how and making mechanical things work. Really helped me in some tests I took.

@JohnINFP I built most of my bikes (and maintained them all) ever since I was about ten - still do!

@Jnei nice to know another person did too : )

80's child here. I never left my house without a Star Wars or GI Joe action figure in my hands. I loved my barbies too, but I had 2 older brothers, so was a bit of a tomboy.

@Phillydrl I loved to watch the show but they were too bulky for my little hands lol

Lego, Lincoln Logs, Barbies (I had a Barbie house that my mum hand made from cardboard and contact paper because we were so poor she couldn't afford a "real" one and it was all I had asked for for Christmas one year), and of course sticks and boxes.

Awww 😟

@JohnINFP Aw? That Barbie house was the bizness. Favorite Christmas present ever.

My favorite toys weren't exactly toys. I enjoyed the science based kits you could get from stores like Walmart that dealt with geology, magnets, and especially life (like sea monkeys). I also really enjoyed (and still occasionally do) creating my own toys by sewing/crocheting/loooming them or by drawing, coloring, and cutting them out (this was the main way I created toys as a child).

Mea Level 7 July 6, 2018

Baby carriage and baby doll.

Scrap lumber, nails we picked up around build sites, a hammer, saw, and a shovel.

Hmmm.... Also Slinky, Silly Putty (which I still love LOL), playdough, the treasured 64 piece Crayola box!, My little out, my chemistry set, my stuffed animals which I always arranged a certain way on my bed.... And one really outstanding thing was an actual Rickshaw, which my stepfather ordered out of a catalog and we took great Delight in pulling each other around in at Tybee..

My blue teddy bear named Boo Berry (yes, after the cereal) and my blanky. I remember when my mom would wash my blanket it felt like FOREVER before it would be done!

HAHAHAAH Gawd, I can remember that feeling!

@Geoffrey51 right? It felt like a week before the dang thing would be done! But it always smelled SO good right from the dryer.

@Marcie1974 Oh didn't it. I used to ask my mum to iron it as well because that gave another something to it. I'm having recalls now! It was called Treasure. Thanks for opening that cavern of the past 🙂

Star Wars action figures, playsets, and vehicles. Transformers. Lego. Super Soakers. Model kits (I never made whatever it was they were supposed to be. I would later find out that I was a kit-basher for doing so. Making something new from mix and match parts). The cape and utility belt my mother made for me. Skateboards and bikes.

Fisher Price people. Had the house, school bus, barn, and made condos for them out of a bookshelf.

Oh yeah, open the barn door and it would moooo.

My Spirograph, Lite Bright, Play-Doh amd watercolors in a pan.

@freddie18 On no. Now the Lite Rite jingle is in my head !

Being a kid is the most fun experience I have always loved to go back to if I had the power cause I loved being a kid shared most of my friends toy cause wen I was I was not raised with so much care I mostly played with my friends couple of blocks from my house didn’t have a toy of my own lol

No toys. Oh my gosh. 😟

Big ol' bag of plastic damn dinosaurs. I loved pretending they chased my barbies through a shag rug jungle then ate them.

I guess this explains rather a lot.

We should have grown up together!!!!!

Years ago, I used to decorate my bookcases with those little plastic dinosaurs!

Before 5, a little blue peddle car not long after we arrived in Canada. Then up to 10, my Lionel electric train, but when i got my first 3 speed road racing bike, a British racing green J.C. Higgins on my 10th birthday, everything else faded into the background. LLOL

@RobLawrence You know i never knew that. I just researched the name and it was a Sears brand which also had firearms. Wow. [en.wikipedia.org]

Definitely cards. My family would play card games for hours; and when no one else was around, there were plenty of solitaire games to enjoy.

@RobLawrence Canasta was a good one. I don't remember either, but I'm it wouldn't take long to re-learn. We played for pennies, and my dad (lovingly) cheated.

@RobLawrence That's strange because I used to love Canasta and I can't remember either. Two packs of cards if I recall and the jokers were important I think

@RobLawrence If I lived in USA I'd come and join you!

Before or after puberty

S T R E T C H A R M S T R O N G !

Nardi Level 7 July 5, 2018

It was so awesome to see which kid could tear off a part of Stretch to see what was inside. Lol

@JohnINFP so true 🙂

I liked anything that I could take apart and put back together again...music boxes were my favorite. 😀

mine was my Mattel six shooter and lever action rifle. Thy had plastic bullets and you placed greenie stickem caps on them. Then my cowboy hat. Also had cowboy boots.

Etch a Sketch
Jacks
Lincoln Logs
Colorforms
John Deere Riding Toy
John Deere toy tractors

Power rangers & Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis

Third post try... My father was a high school coach and athletic director and we had 4 brothers. Pretty much all our toys were sports related -- balls, gloves, track equipment, golf clubs, whatever. Looking back, it was fun but kind of self-limiting. Ha, Ha.

I was attached to my Gameboy Color; I played Pokemon constantly. I also liked Lincoln Logs and Legos.

books, action jackson and books, plus a few stuffed animals and a few favorite fantasy/sci fi series were my escape

My favorite childhood toys were things I modified - - an old tape player and several radios, a shoe box, wire, nail, and I had the house wired so I could listen and talk to any room, a control box from a WWII radio made into an analogue feedback loop synthesizer old Tube TV modified into an AM transmitter, etc. . . then when I got older (6th grade+) into cameras etc. . .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123324
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.