Agnostic.com

36 7

Beard or no beard

I just shaved my beard for the first time in years. Grow it back or keep clean?

• 48 votes
  • 30 votes
GeekDad13 4 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a dear friend who covers a lot of their tunes on ukulele. Love it!

Love them, I’ve been a fan for years.

Rotflol.. thank you. That’s the most awesome thing I have seen in a time. Made my day!

Depends on the person. A short trimmed beard is nice. I'm not a fan of the Gandalf type beards that hipsters wear.

@LimitedLight

Yeah. But would you want to French kiss him?

@Compassion8doubt he’s busy not lettin balrogs pass n shit. Make a trilogy about your most hectic 3 weeks ever n see how much bedroom wizardry it features ? Also everyone knows Gandalf’s gay, he and professor X have been getting forcibly shaven by @Ellatynemouth and seeming quite happy about it together for years. ?

@Wurlitzer

They were willing! And anything to play cupid.

I am partial to facial hair on men - so I voted for Beard - but - It is Florida, it is Summer. AND most importantly - it is YOUR face. Do as ye will.

It has been hot. I’ve been getting out more and walking. I am not as hot or itchy.

Really , it is nice to hear women who prefer beards , sounds like mostly my age group though and that is just fine .. 55-70

I shaved my beard at 64 everyone thinks I am in my late 40's .. that is weird !

I prefer facial hair on a man. I do think you have a face that can go either way, though.

I love it when a man has hair on his face.

Through the centuries, the beard has been a visible and robust symbol of masculinity, and should neither be disregarded nor mocked. Wear the beard, brother, proudly and with good grace. ?

You'll rock it in any case, but if I was to pick, I would say Beard all the way (massive facial hair fan here).

A neatly trimmed beard is a thing of beauty!

Debby Level 2 July 6, 2018

Do whatever makes you happy! 🙂

Mea Level 7 July 6, 2018

Yes, we all want a partner who is happy with his or her own appearance. However, just for the sake of the conversation and question posed, if you took the same person -- same personality -- everything equal -- would you prefer to look at -- or would you be more attracted to one or other other?

@BlueWave, attraction for me is strongly based on someone's personality. I could care less if my partner did or did not have facial hair as long as they were happy.

Do whatever you please.
Although, it IS July, and you're in Florida.
Nevermind. Do whatever the fuck you want.

I'm in the minority. I voted no beard. A short, nicely groomed beard, mustache, etc. is perfectly okay to me.

Grizzly Adams style (while I thought he was sexy as hell when I was young), just isn't for me.

You may wash it every single day, but to ME, it makes one look unkempt.

personal choice

I prefer a clean shaved face. 🙂

Betty Level 8 July 6, 2018

Beards are sexy!!!

Love beards!

Great for 'tickling'!!!

No one wants to sit on a clean-shaven face. (unless it's a woman's)

I like u clean shaved, you look younger, but your beard was nice because it was kept short.

they all look alike....

[jaimiemuehlhausen.com]

Personally...I just think men with full beards always look homeless.
A little scruff shadow is ok... and/or a well manicured mustache.

@Morganfreeman No, no they aren't.

The problem is how much a beard can age you. I'm backwards and forwards between both and I usually get rid when too many people say how old I look. When the youthful comments wear off after a week or two I start growing one again haha!

Salo Level 7 July 6, 2018

You look great both ways! I’d say you do look younger without it though. Do whatever you are most comfortable with.

Dragging razor blades across my face never appealed to me… I’m far more comfortable in my beard ... but you do you 🙂 ... that said, If you have a beard and can’t change a tire, shave! ... ok, stole that from a meme... follow your chi🙂

I recently got rid of mine and have since been reminded of what a drag shaving is.

I know. I just hate the chore.

I let my beard do whatever it wants...

Totally team beard.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.