Agnostic.com

55 3

Marijuana for recreational or medicinal? Dont be shy?

Well... California just passed legalizing marijuana. I love it. Would you say you would grow it for medicinal purposes or recreational purposes?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Legalize it across the board. I would use it both medicinally and for recreation.
I'd love to grow my own legally. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I doubt that I would use it now -- did plenty of that in my youth. However, I absolutely believe that it should be legal everywhere.

I know a couple people that grow it for medicinal use, and it seems really finicky to me, based on the attention to environmental requirements. Kinda like how beekeeping is for those who enjoy giving attention to details. So would I grow it? No... I have someone who gives it to me!

It will probably soon be legal in all states because of tax revenue potential, but it never should have been prohibited. Also... medical and recreational aren't the only uses. Mind altering substances have a long history of use in spiritual practices, which I realize is a dirty word here but... maybe I should say creative imagination enhancement.

skado Level 9 Jan 3, 2018

Did so much prior joining the military. Did once with a daughter after retiring of military. Don't miss it. Not appealing right now. Don't really do medicines... Pretty strange. Those who do for recreation... Enjoy... Those who need for Medical Purposes... Get it and get Cured. Totally Neutral. But support the use by others.

i would for sure

Both should be legalised. There's no moral reason to prevent people from having access to a drug that can help them live with debilitating diseases, and no logical reason to allow criminals to make huge amounts of money from one people clearly want.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

Marijuana/cannabis is the most important plant in the world. The US military complex and Justice created it illegal in every country in the world except one, Uruguay. The war on drugs has lost to a score of 1000s the to 1. The cost to ruining lives is greater than the Holocaust.

I say both and would like to see it legal by our US federal government, of which still puts young men in jail for it, not to mention deporting our veterans. It will most likely be the next best thing to our opioid crisis.

Indeed, for both or either!

While limit to one or the other?I think cannabis performs well for both rec and medicinal. Depends on the individual and the circumstances.

Both but I can’t remember the last time I smoked to get high.

I don't eat or smoke it myself. I would grow it for the uses for others to consume. There are other variants of the cannabis plant which are useful for other purposes too.

I think that drugs should be legalised but controlled so that the quality of the drugs is high and the violence and misery of the drug industry is removed/reduced.

50 comments and tagged 4 times....help!

I wish the legalization bug would bite the whole nation. It looks as though today Sessions is taking steps to fight legal users.

I would grow the hell out of it. For every use you can up with. I'm sure california found a new way for taxes now that half of it is burned off. Pretty smart!

Been using all of my adult life. I agree with full legalization. Without taxation.

My understanding is that it's all medicinal, either for your mental health, and/or your physical health.
Also, if one takes two seeds from the same plant, beit cannabis or hemp, depending on how you grow it will determine whether it will be one or the other.
Hemp is planted very densely, causing all the plants to stretch out, in their effort to get some sun, thereby creating long fibers that are used for rope, cloth, paper, etc.
Whereas when cannabis is produced, it's one plant (females only) in a large pot, or in the ground with plenty of space. And because pollination is prevented, cannabinoid resin is produced in an effort to attract some
pollen.

It's all medicinal, either for your body's health, or your mental health. The recreational aspects are a bonus.

I am 100% in favor for recreational and medical use, as a man of 70+ years, it has been a mystery to me why this hasn't happened decades ago. I am 100% in favor of marijuana being used for all purposes.

I favor full legalization as we have enough people in jail already. It’s ludicrous to put someone in jail for using pot. I do favor cracking down on people for dealing bad addictive drugs like meth, heroin and the opioids. After the 3rd offense for those drugs they should be shot.

It's medicine. Not a drug. Our bodies are developed evolutionary to utilize the compounds in cannabis. It's a no brainer. If the planets human habitats were carpet bombed with pot smoke all of society would change real quick. Sooooo much bullshit would be done. Not practical at all but a fun thought.

My health insurance had run out so I got an MM card. I was amazed as to how many of my ailments it helped, sometimes more than the pharmaceutical drugs prescribed.

But it should be legal regardless. And hemp industries should be encouraged. Corporate interests have a long, sordid history of kneecapping such ventures.

Legalize! !!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.