Agnostic.com

28 18

Complaining.

Are you conscious of how often you complain and do you actively work to complain less?

How does it feel when you’re around people who complain excessively?

I have a lot to complain about, legitimate tragedy and corruption directly related to my being disabled, and all the hardship that comes with that.
I talk about it, but I think I’m pretty conscious about not flooding my friends and peer circles with it.
I’m steadily trying to distract myself with the more positive aspects of life.
I consciously look for that which feels good to focus on, and I try to maintain some sort of balance.

It’s difficult for me to be in the company of people who habitually talk/write about menial struggles, issues that have solutions, though I recognize it’s all relative.

AMGT 8 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some people accuse me of being negative but a few tell me I'm so good at making humorous complaints that they don't mind. I really don't care very much what people think anymore.

Carin Level 8 July 12, 2018

I have a friend that gave me a great motto. Can complain, choose not to. I think of that often

1. i know how much i complain. i try to do it to the people who can do something ABOUT my complaint, or to someone who will acknowledge my feelings and comfort me. sometimes that person is myself.

2. no one likes people who complain excessively. however, not every has the same threshold. complaining when appropriate and complaining excessively, and to the wrong people, are not the same thing.

3. i have issues too, and am disabled as well. however, when i complain it is often about injustice, and for the purpose of ending the injustice. thinking happy thoughts doesn't get things done.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:126547
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.