Agnostic.com

4 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok.... I interact with a few of you early commenters on other pages. And, I like all of you. You all seem well grounded and rational.... (except maybe AmiSue 😉 ). So, please tell me what has changed for the worse in your personal existence because of the election results. I'm not defending Trump or pushing any political agenda. I'm just curious. Because as usual, after the political parties in power change, my day to day life remains the same.

My life hasn't changed all that much so far. I'm still buried deep in student loan debt and barely hanging on by a thread, so what ever Trump has done in regards to the economy has manifested little bearing on me personally as of yet.

In regards to the crap he's pulling on a national and global scale, he's a monster. He's taken problems which have already been plaguing the United States for years (such as massive income inequality and racial division) and magnified them by 1,000 fold. And he's done so deliberately and with malicious intent.

These things concern me, first of all, simply because they are the acts of an evil man. Secondly, because they eventually will filter down to those of us who are living at or near the bottom of the heap. As bad as things are, they can always get worse.

Living on the street is never more than a hair's breadth away for me, and as income inequality worsens under Trump's policies, people like me will eventually pay the heaviest price for his hubris and greed.

@webbew1
At 52 years old I'm surprised at your comment about being buried in student debt. That must be really depressing. I don't think either party will be able to cancel out those loans for everyone though. And if you're gainfully employed in a trade I'm not sure how you're one step from living on the street. And I'm not sure how the current economic boom would be disturbing to you. But I'm not in your shoes so all I can say is I hope things improve for you.

@bigpawbullets

I went back to school in 2007 to get an Associates Of Science in Avionics, and after I graduated I found out that I couldn't do the job in a real world environment due to my disability.

As for an economic boom, I sure as hell haven't seen one. I repair garage doors for a living these days and most of the time I sit around waiting for my company to call me with work. Apparently there isn't much.

@webbew1
Web!
Where are you geographically located?

@bigpawbullets

Denver, CO

@webbew1
My reason for asking:
I live in a rural setting between Cincinnati & Dayton.
I had a garage door replaced this past Saturday and was lucky to get it done quickly. Housing is a booming industry here. Dayton is a drone development center as well as a hub for numerous airlines out of Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati. Lots of aviation work.

@bigpawbullets

Aviation is out at this point, unfortunately.

I'm going to be relocating to San Diego in October, which seems to be a much better environment for garage door techs. Most of the guys in my company down there are netting a minimum of $1,500.00/ wk. My last two paychecks here in Denver have been less than $150.00 each. Time to go back to the west coast.

The threat to remove Social Security Retirement and Medicare. That will seriously affect my retirement hopes.

@HippieChick58
I know the uncertainty and unpredictability of the current situation is wearing folks down. But your examples haven't happened. I doubt that they will.

@bigpawbullets I'll channel my old Jewish grandmother and say "from your mouth to God's ears." Let me say I profoundly lack trust in the current administration.

Good then they won't vote for his Republican supporters in mid-terms and Dems will take Congress back.

I'm feeling it. Reagan was awful, Bush 43 was inept. Trump is criminal and malicious.

No kidding. 🙂

EdEarl Level 8 July 10, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.