Agnostic.com

14 9

Do you agree/

I don't like that our News is filled with irrelevant garbage and nonsense. In Fact, I rarely watch news and that is reason. News should be about information that can enlighten you, make you a better citizen of your city and your community. It should connect you with people in ways you can share common goals or discuss common issues that are literary next door! Sigh

Suzanna 5 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh, I most definitely agree. I like to focus on things that interest me. I’m so sick of the he said/she said bullshit you see in politics all the time!

Yes - news is designed to lead people, not to inform them.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 9, 2018

I don't use any US based sources for news anymore. I use BBC, RT and Al Jazeera.

Al Jazeera has some good documentaries. I enjoyed it. But once it was sold to another owner, it changed and its not what it is used to be. same with Russia Today....they used to be my sources for international news. Now I find my self wandering if only source information you can ge is through Documentaries, exposes...it is sad TRULY that in 'age of information' we get so little of it.

I have always liked newspapers, not because they are more "pure" but because you can stop and reread, think, reflect at any time. It is not possible to do this well if you have to listen to non-stop talking.

I agree that our news sources have degenerated over the years. They spend far too much time dealing with talking heads and deal with often unimportant things. They no longer conduct serious investigative journalism. They feel compelled to give both sides, even when the stances or behaviors of one side are clearly immoral or wrong. An, the obsess over issues -- almost totally shutting full coverage of all news for up to days to focus on one event or issue.

They truly need to get back to real journalism!

In my view "the news" should first and foremost one of the democratic powers. It should inform those participating in the democratic process about what is going in politically in the country so they can have informed opinions about which movements to join which politicians to vote for and so on.
Unfortunately this kind of news has become almost extinct and replaced with something that has been optimised to maximise clicks, maximise viewer numbers and maximise ad revenue.
Not sure who to blame for that development though -- if people would choose quality media over gossip, and click bait, nobody would do "news" that are mostly gossip and click bait.
So in the end, apparently, even in developed countries, people get the garbage they are asking for.

I have a hand full of independent news sources I depend on for real news to inform me of world events. In which keep me up to date on what's truly going on around the world that help me develop my political views and way I vote. If you're interested in them PM me.

News should be neither uplifting nor degrading. It should be composed of facts alone, presented to inform. Human interest stories, propaganda, and other biased information should be checked at the door.

If something in the news was relevant...what would we do? The media is the bread and circuses. We are the lambs.

I have been involved with a few public events in which I was involved in the organization of. Not once did the news media get the story right. Every time there were many, many mistakes throughout the story. My local news media television and radio are so concerned with jumping out with a flashy headline they fail to even give a basic story. There was a hug fire today in California that was devastating. And George how's the weather? I don't bother with it.

Our News is just that, news. To whom it is News, might be a better question. It is riddled with false information and straight bullshit. But it also tells me a man robbed the store down my street and is loose. Or let’s me know to wear my rain coat on Friday, just in case. Or gives the contact info for a coat drive.

I admit I don’t have TV, I don’t regularly read newspapers, and I try to stay away from online news. Even video can be corrupted.

News

1a : a report of recent events
b : previously unknown information
c : something having a specified influence or effect
2 a : material reported in a newspaper or news periodical or on a newscast
b : matter that is newsworthy
3 : newscast

You’re putting parameters on News that can’t/won’t work. Too many people like it the way it is.

If you want those things, volunteer in your community, visit the library, reflect on the things that you experience.

We have small weekly news and calendars where I live, an option over the big newspaper. If I want to know what’s going on I look there or on the billboards at the Adult Activity Center.

it should be unbias news

Cable news networks treat the news like sports. Its all about competition, sensationalism, ratings. I can't even watch that garbage anymore.

agree, agree, agree. do not watch groove tube anymore.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12876
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.