46 8

Does it annoy you when people blame the devil for things that may go wrong in life?

Sometime things in life just happen without no cause, but most people can’t seem to understand that and want to blame the boogeyman and say things like,” He’s just trying to get you to stray.” I mean I’ve never let myself allow my imagination to stretch that far to blame an entity for anything. I take responsibility of me and just do the best I can to move passed things that just happens in life.

By EmeraldJewel
Options Favorite Like

46 comments

They like to blame the devil for the bad in their life and thank god for the good.

5082gregory Level 7 July 14, 2018

Such people merely amuse me with their stupidity.

irascible Level 8 July 14, 2018

My relationship with my mother pretty much summarized in this question

Moss98 Level 3 July 14, 2018

Why would delusions that barely impact me impact my mood?

educatedredneck Level 7 July 14, 2018

I blame Loki. The only true god. If he would leave us alone, we would be just fine.

Jacar Level 7 July 14, 2018

I've never met a sane person who said that! How bizzarre!

Carin Level 6 July 13, 2018

Its called , being paranoid and blaming other people for what happens in thier lives

ScienceBill72 Level 6 July 12, 2018

It certainly does Emerald; just as much as when people say things like "thank god he's alive" or thank god she was not killed in the car accident", (even though five other people were killed in the same accident) there are a thousand similar mindless exclamations used by the devout, or just plain unthinking.

MartinTL Level 1 July 12, 2018

Ugh! Everything you said is on point.

Yes, usually when things go wrong it's because a person fucked up. Leave my lord out of it!

LEPeff Level 8 July 12, 2018

Just as bad as people blaming God for all the good things.

Joanlee Level 3 July 12, 2018

Ikr. It really burns me up when these patients give absolutely no credit to the doctors who made it possible for them.

Doesn’t bother me! It’s no different from when I hear them thanking god for when something goes right. 😐

Storybook Level 7 July 12, 2018

Better blame the devil (who is out of reach) than blame the Jews or some other traditional scapegoats...

Matias Level 6 July 12, 2018

Yes.

ShuMei2018 Level 6 July 12, 2018

I think the Devil got a bum deal right from the get-go, and his Dad propagated some seriously bad press about him, so he keeps getting blamed and has no way to defend himself. I'll bet he wasn't such a bad guy, but he's probably pretty pissed off now.
...ya know... if he existed.

scurry Level 7 July 12, 2018

IKR! If he actually existed, I don’t think he was really a bad guy, considering how many people god killed compared to Satan and he only did it cause god gave him the permission to.

@EmeraldJewel Right. Raw Deal for Satan. There was a great graphic novel by Piranha Press: Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children => Happy Birthday To Hell.
Basically it's Satan trying to make Hell less crappy for the souls that get sent there. He bitches a bit about god and his cloven hooves, but mostly he's just trying to be cheerful and make the best of the situation.
I read it years ago and have always used it as my "go to" for Satan.

It's just a need to blame someone other than themselves. They also justify an action by saying god told me to do it.

Dogpound9 Level 6 July 12, 2018

No.

maturin1919 Level 6 July 12, 2018

I don't take it literally. This guy is saying the scale is the devil! It just tells you that you need to lose more weight or haven't lost enough. Go by the pants that can now fit you, and how many pushups you can do compared to before. So, obviously, the scale isn't literally the 😈. It's just trying to make a point that the scale can be misleading, etc.

Beach_slim Level 7 July 12, 2018

They feel a need to blame someone. At least Beelzebub doesn't get hauled into court when an individual does something that blows up in their face.

ronin73 Level 7 July 12, 2018

If the alternative is someone blaming me instead, I will let the Devil take the rap.

Gareth Level 7 July 12, 2018

BIGGEST copout to avoiding responsibility and coming to terms with life's randomness!

OlderMusicGeek Level 7 July 12, 2018

A big fat YES.

AnandaKhan Level 6 July 12, 2018

If it don't annoy the devil, why will I be annoyed?

GipsyOfNewSpain Level 8 July 12, 2018

If we have no God then there cannot be a devil.

Sheannutt Level 8 July 12, 2018

Yes.

LadyAlyxandrea Level 8 July 12, 2018

Yes... Yes it does.

snytiger6 Level 8 July 12, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!