Agnostic.com

13 0

Good, bad, or in between, what is the weirdest job you've ever had?

For instance, I've done some freelance design work for a woman who believes she channels the soul of a dead pop star.

bleurowz 8 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1 hot summers day at a chicken farm as the new guy my job was to pick up all the dead chicks didnt go back

weeman Level 7 July 18, 2018

I used to work for a company called "Batesville Caskets." I would remove the caskets from the factory, and place them onto the delivery truck for the funeral home.

Psychological testing and evaluation of clients at a public mental health center.

I'd forgotten about the website design and social media work I did for a friend (!) who channeled for an angel.

Maybe the coolest, but by no means the best paying, was working as a guide at a game farm. The pace was established while waiting for my interview - all nicely dressed, I rode a teeter-totter with a black bear. I later had the opportunities to scratch cougars and tigers behind the ears (favorite part of the job!) and get a kodiak bear to do some basic tricks.

Because of my security clearance and MOS I traveled all over the world as a secretary, driver, body guard, sounding board, keeper of secrets for Generals and Master Sergeant Majors. Sometimes we would stop in countries for an hour and leave. I wasnt told what country either. This was during Vietnam. I think most of it had to do with certain young ladies or boys. Oh yeah and some war stuff.

@MrLizard
I didn't think so at the time but who knows? I was often asked to stay by the jeep or outside this door.

I managed an Adult Theater and Bookstore. I was 18. I'm afraid it probably had an influence on me.

Annabelles? Me and my girlfriend were there yesterday.

@Anonbene In Alaska in 1976.

Worked on a shrimp boat for three months between bands, and as an assistant chimney sweep for a couple of weeks to pick up a little extra cash.

Call center for Verizon.....worst job ever! And I worked 10 hour days from 11 am to 10 pm Sunday-Thursday.

@MrLizard op said “good, bad, or in between”

I suppose the oddest one was being a sandwich board man for a blinds company, walking about in a Top Hat, with boards hung over my shoulders handing out leaflets

I’ve never had a weird job: busboy, dishwasher, security guard, custodian, construction mechanic, power plant technician, power plant supervisor, logistician, secondary math teacher.

I worked for a fishing bait company and hand picked earthworms to put into the styrofoam cups.

Oh c'mon! You're making this too easy. ?

Tour guide at a cave.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.