Agnostic.com

19 2

If you were having a marriage ceremony, is there a specific style that would influence you?

For example, of a Celtic theme, a Science Fiction theme, Steampunk, Beach, or are you more traditional in so far as formalities?

MyLiege 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Naked skydiving. That's the way to do it.

Simplicity, as in a civil ceremony. I may be one of the few people on the planet who doesn’t enjoy wedding receptions that much.

When my 2nd partner and I got married we went to a small justice of the peace in Richardson, Tx. The justice was a huge, young guy. My partners daughter was the witness and when she walked into the room she recognized the judge, they had gone to HS together. It was a short simple ceremony and the judge took pictures. A close friend is a secular minister. I would have her administer the ceremony in her and her husband's labyrinth and, this may sound weird, by my late partner's urn/Pomegranate tree. That is what I would have wanted of her and she me.

I had one of those, by a Justice of the Peace. She said, β€œThis is the best part of my job!” Photos, witnesses and all! All for $5 -- though no discount for leaving out the prayer πŸ™‚

Varn Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

My fantasy would be an all nude wedding with Counselor Troi in a future Star Trek film FOR REAL marrying Marina Sirtis if she loves me

I misread that at first. I thought it said Miscarriage... ???? If I was having a wedding it wouldn't be religious obviously... so I would have to come up with different sayings of that the dude who is marrying us says.. or that we do or whatever. It would definitely be nerd based. I'd probably have the guy who marries me and my husband say "Would you stand at her side in hopes that the world would never over take y'all?" Like how Farkas vouches for the Dragonborn in during the Companions quest in Skyrim. ????

I think I’d prefer a civic scene.

I think I want a fancy wedding like this one.

I saw a humanist celebant ceremony once which I think was quite nice.

It is the joint commitment that counts. The rest is optional. I was married on-=once in the government marriage office of the city of Berlin , Germany, and again in a chapel ceremony arranged by my second wife.

If I marry again, although I will probably cede to whatever my partner wants, my happiest plan is a surprise wedding. We'd organize a joint family holiday a week before thanksgiving or something like that, invite our parents, siblings and closest friends for a "friendsgiving" or some such, then get married on the spot. No gifts. No pretense. No nonsense from the family. No anger about who wasn't there. And I don't know if anyone would ever turn down an invitation from us again.

The "M" word... shiver

Duke Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

real unlikely ...

Whatever my bride to be wants, she will be the influence, because quite frankly it will all be for her. A woman that can convince me to marry deserves the wedding of her dreams.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 5, 2018

@Dav87 Wait... WHAT?? ooh reeeally?? hmmm the Things you discover when you riffle through your boyfriends agnostic.com account! Very interesting.

That woman MUST BE soooo uber talented, right?? hahaha

@Dav87 Vegas. Elvis impersonator. Lol

@Sadoi is Giorgio Tsoukalos going to be one of our witnesses? Can we trust him to witness? Would he moments later deny it happened and say that aliens did it?

@Sadoi here's a thought I know how much you're an ancient aliens enthusiast, how would you like an elvis isnt dead, ancient aliens themed wedding? Anything for you! X

@Dav87 well, you can have him as your Best Man and i will have... ET as my maid of honour! We Can trust Him... we just Cannot Trust his hair. That is Where i Must draw the line, my love. haha

I actually performed a marriage for some friends of mine a few years ago. Kept it non-denominational, and used themes of simple love and kindness.

turned out really nice, and they are still married, so just maybe I didn't jinx it πŸ™‚

My future wedding ceremony would be a Feminist event according to my mate while I would only veto horrible religious words or symbols ASSUMED ok by my lover

I'd elope - go to Vegas or something, or do a private civil ceremony. Then I'd have a dinner at a nice restaurant for family afterward. I'm not interested in anything big and flashy. My friends and family aren't a real wild bunch.

I was married in Las Vegas once. (Was) We did it on Halloween so, we dressed in costumes and invited our guests to show up in costume too. I was a pirate and she was dressed as a bar wench. My "best man" was a female. She came as my "first mate". It was really a fun wedding. The marriage... not so much.

@FortyTwo No! I'd rather have a Capt. Picard impersonator! A whole Starfleet themed wedding, in formal dress uniforms (TNG). Hmm... I wonder if there's already a place in Vegas that does that. πŸ˜€

@FortyTwo I'm not much of an Elvis fan, but I'd do Star Trek TNG like @bingst suggests...

@bingst I do luvs me some Captain Picard.

@carlyhorton Yay! Hahaha
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. Make it so!" πŸ˜›

@bingst But first there's the ENGAGE!ment

@carlyhorton Hahahahaha lmfao
I forgot to mention that it would have to be timed so the honeymoon would be during the official convention there in Vegas. πŸ˜‰

@bingst Have you seen Patrick Stewart singing cowboy songs?

@carlyhorton lol I saw this earlier today on FB πŸ˜›

I have been thinking about this having seen a video a guy made of an Indian wedding. I need to look at more cultures and their practices. I would want to do something different though. Something colorful...

Indian weddings are lush and beautiful !

@evergreen, it was a beautiful affair! it was so colorful and such a cheerful event... It's supposed to be a celebration. πŸ™‚

My last marriage was 22 years ago-we got married under a tree in our front yard and had a barbecue and a friend's band which my ex played his drums and fell off the stage in our backyard. Sign of things to come-divorced 2 years later

D'oh...lol

Open bar always does it-specially your own wedding.

I played African goat skin wood carved drums at my wedding 25 years ago. ...nothing foreboding yet I needed to divorce protecting my child from her ex and my 3 step children. ...all is well with my Darrow age 23 great career and happily married to her high school Beau and they babysit my ex mentally disabled unable to admit her betraying our marriage

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.