Agnostic.com

22 6

Save me. I'm surrounded by narcissists ?

I've come to the conclusion both my boss and my roommate are narcs. So I'm surrounded by ego tripping and graceless people 24/7. I'm doing this unmedicated.

FreeBird713 5 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's always all about YOU isn't it?

As a human I would love to save you. As a vikings fan(football) I'm not allowed to assist anyone from New Orleans. Seriously tho. I hope you have a great day. Working with those types of people can be taxing but you you can use that to your advantage.

The Saints and the Vikings are both my faves! Lol. Yeah- i just need a space to complain where I am not known. Ya'll are pretty awesome. 🙂 I'll chin up by morning and keep it movin'.

You must live in DC. ?

Ha! Hell naw. No amount of money could buy that move?

@FreeBird713 yep true that.

What? You work for the GOP?

That's a suicide mission. I feel better now. Thanks! At least my plight isn't as bad as the GOP!

@FreeBird713 No matter how bad things are....they can always be worse.

I grew up with narcissists, my mother and older brother. I know how you feel. Family, unfortunately, you can't ever really get away from.

Be strong sister!

You should introduce them and let them battle on who is more important.

All 3 of us work together ? ain't that a hoot!

@FreeBird713 whatever you make, it's not enough for that.

@Jess2zz i say the same damn thing! I'm finishing school so i don't want a lot of changes right now....but some days ..... Some days i could start walking down the interstate and just keep walking

@FreeBird713 good luck with school, it's a good path to get the hell out of ego town.

I'm sorry, l just don't have time for you. ☺

?oh but apparently you do?

@FreeBird713 Maybe a little bit. ?

Narcissistic freak...or liar who you don't trust any farther than you can throw them??? Whatever right?! Lol

Kinda. Both are very self involved. Then ask me why im so quiet....cuz uh...you don't listen. I'm just here to prop ur ego apparently.... It's annoying. My room is my age- close to 50 and can't hold her end of a convo bc she can't stop taking selfies on snap chat. Then she thinks Im mad at her bc I am quiet or reading..there's no talking to only talking at... I dunno... Don't get me started on the other stuffs... Lol

@FreeBird713 I...won't! Rofl 🙂 nothing like the roommate 😉

@DavidWeldon75 laughing at a girl in distress.... What's this world coming to? ?

Here I come to save the Day!!!!

Etre Level 7 July 13, 2018

Ty! Take me away to easy conversation and gin ?

@FreeBird713

Tanqueray or Bombay Blue Saphire??

"narcs" as in informants on illegal drug possession? Kidding!

Find another job and move.

That's the plan when i finish school.... Until then....

I work with one...

Move out or medicate, there is no None 🙂

If they are narcs... you being medicated will be your doom.

Valid point, well made. ?

I work with a few people like this and have none a few personally, not my type of person, i do my best to stay away from them

I gotta work on my poker face so they don't know when in avoiding them ?

I live with people who tend to be "difficult" (I'll be nice and not label them; they're not narcissists, just difficult) - actually, I shouldn't bad-mouth them because they do help me out, especially as there are some things I can't handle right now. But I always get the feeling that the help comes with mixed messages... Anyway, my point is, the most important thing I've had to do for myself is create a clear set of boundaries for what I will and won't tolerate. It really has forced me to put my needs first, and work towards a time when I can be on my own again.

Being mentally healthy is truly a personal matter being around people that have neuroses such as narcissism or delusions or other forms of poor health can be frustrating I understand if you leave find that there's a quote from Einstein at least it was attributed to Einstein surprise me dizzy is it me or the whole world that's crazy, if it helps at all you're not the only one .

m16566 Level 7 July 13, 2018

I think we are all crazy tbh just varying degrees..... The would is a massive asylum apparently ?

Best I can say is get out whil you still have your sanity. Hope for the best.

Lucky you !

I know. I keep wondering what kinda twisted karma this has to be ?

@FreeBird713 I guess the first lesson can be gratitude for not being like them !

If you can't move or find other work, like folks have suggested in the comments, at least talk to your doc about some anti-anxiety stuff. SAM-e is a pretty good mood enhancer that you don't need a prescription to get. Good luck to you, you certainly hit the unlucky jackpot there.

zeuser Level 9 July 13, 2018

I need some CBD oil maybe.....

How that happened!!!! I live in a rv roomies are 4 cats. My boss pushed my buttons. Glad i left tjat crap

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.