Agnostic.com

15 2

QUESTION Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

I’ve always questioned the veracity of religion, even as a kid, but spent a great many years trying to find a definition for my thoughts/feelings about it. This site really gave me clarity, so I can now feel comfortable with my atheism. I apologize if this has been posted numerous times already.

CMWCasper 4 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The placebo effect is an incredible thing. If you have some condition, but your brain releases endorphins you can get temporary relief from a lot of conditions. That is why faith healing works. When the temporary effects wear off it's either because the sufferer's faith was not great enough or they did something to displease God. Either way it's the sufferer's fault. None of this works with amputees.

There is no god.

If God is just something evil greedy overly rich people make up to take advantage of people's heartfelt spiritual needs in order to fool them into worshiping authority, then there is no God to heal anyone of anything. It's that or God doesn't really like people.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 7, 2018

why does he let you become an amputee in the first place?

Which god was it that you asked to heal this amputee? Was it Pele, Baal, Zeus, Venus, Lady of the Lake, Rumplestiltskin, or one of the lesser gods?

PEGUS Level 5 Jan 6, 2018

ha. I lost my finger[didn't lose it: I'm not that careless...it's amazing how many ways I say I lost it, depending on who's asking....But I used to look at it and wonder if, when it grew back it would be one or two
It didn't

They are not that hi up on the prayer list .There are a lot of rich foot ball players out there praying to win the next game

I don't know.

As has sadly been remarked of Lourdes, "All those wheelchairs and crutches left behind, but not one prosthetic limb or glass eye."

Because they don't need arms and legs to walk with God!

-what some religious nut might say

Yes, I really enjoyed reading that site and the logic, reasoning and critical thinking that is used.

Don't you know that God likes to be known but also to remain hidden and mysterious? Healing amputees is too much evidence, so he prefers to stick with parking spots and final exams.

I asked God for $10 000 once and never heard back from Him 😀

Godhatesamputees.com

If God is all powerful and does not heal amputees he is not benevolent.
If God is benevolent and does not heal amputees he is not all powerful.
If he is not benevolent or all powerful then he is not a God.

Kind of the perfect arguement.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.