Agnostic.com

12 3

Do you use colloquialisms like “good lord” or “oh my god” despite them having religious orientations?

PeppermintDreads 7 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jesus fucking Christ yes!
Lol

I do all the time but I was raised in the south and that stuff rolls off the tongue like baby, sugar and darling.

Pretty much the same. Lol

I've been trying for 20 years to reduce my usage of said colloquialisms, goddammit.

But jesus christ, i still keep slipping up.

I got it from my dad, who got it from his parents. To me, the words have no meaning.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 7, 2018

Yes. I also say 'god damn it' a lot, but that's more the fault of 'It's Always Sunny'. The one thing I have completely abandoned is 'god bless you' when people sneeze and often times people think I'm a total asshole because of that. I usually ask if someone is okay if I'm the only person around to avoid them thinking I'm a dick, but if there are other people there I just let them say it and keep quiet.

Let's not forget though that non-religious people also sing Christmas carols (alone in the car with Pentatonix on the stereo), eat Easter candy their mom made, dress up for Halloween, cook a romantic dinner for their significant other on Valentine's Day, etc.

If you asked if I was okay after I sneezed I would definitely give you a weird look lol. And I've taken to saying "Blesh you" so......xD

Sometimes....

I try not to swear, a good deal of my job is on the phone and I don't need "coaching" for swearing. Also being around small children, I don't want them repeating what they shouldn't be saying. But yes, I used OMG and JC and a few other choice phrases. When in traffic with moronic drivers all bets are off.

Yes xD

I try my best not to but it happens once and a while, notice it and say whats done is done-
fuck it!

Jesus Christ! like all of the damn time lol.

All the fucking time...old habits die hard. I do, however, make it a point to say "gazuntite" when someone sneezes.

I do but I try to say “Oh my Stars” just seem to be more true than reference to gawd.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.