Agnostic.com

9 2

Pizza Delivery Tip

Just curious what people tip for pizza delivery in addition to the 3.50 charge already added to the bill.

Mystical 4 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The 3.50 does Not go to the delivery person!

I delivered pizza for a few years. Drivers always go to the person that tips best before the person that doesn’t. Nobody wants to go to the person complaining about prices or tipping the drivers.

And I have learned that the business doesn't always give the driver the delivery charge! That is total crap. They are spending the gas and putting the wear on the car. I am glad I always tip in addition to the delivery. And cash since I also found out the tip on a charge gets taxed.

20% like any other service tip.

t1nick Level 8 July 18, 2018

As a current Dominos delivery driver, the average tip I get is about 3 dollars. Try not to go too low though.
We depend on those tips to make our wages, since we get less than minimum wage while out of the store.

Katrik Level 7 July 18, 2018

Years ago I delivered for Dominos, that delivery charge does not go to the drivers directly. You get x cents per mile for fuel and the company keeps the difference. Tips are appreciated and also we remembered who never tipped, cool pizza for you, the hot bag would open accidentally. I have not ordered food delivered for years but when I did, always 15% plus change.

We make our own from scratch.
My tip is an extra glass of Malbec.

I can't recall the last time I ordered a pizza, I always make my own. I think I order half a dozen pizzas for my crew after a big concrete pour but that would be 10 years ago.

Usually $5. ALWAYS tip your pizza delivery guy/gal.

If only all the customers I deliver pizza to were so generous.

10% unless he is piece of ass.

We give $4 for a $20 pizza, $5 if it's raining. New York doesn't have pizza delivery charges.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.