Agnostic.com

119 15

Sin or not, if yes, why?

Why does every religious person say masturbation is a sin when there's noting written about it in the Bible and why would it be a sin if God designed me like this (so I have cravings) and also God gave me the possibility of pleasure? Answer this

Manka77 4 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

119 comments (101 - 119)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I concur with your with your reasoning

t1nick Level 8 July 20, 2018

Since I am not religious and do not acknowledge sin... how can I answer? When I Itch, I scratch... since a teen always questioned if you are born with a specific number of masturbations (not hard ons) and once you use them all... you don't die but... that's it... you broke it. Just wondered a lot in my youth but then I started pushing the limits... And some of the conclusions of my research: Did not made me grow taller, did not made me blind, did not made me crazy, could be observed, Still works without any help or assistance of Big Pharma.

Yeah, but those hairy palms! ??

@LionMousePudding Cheech and Chong "the jerk-off champion" comes to mind. Thanks for the memory.

Why? Because they have become bovine "True believers" who simple repeat what the dogma says.

some self hating theist in the past prol stopped mid wank and thought no no on shold do this then made up some more crap to justify it to his flock

weeman Level 7 July 20, 2018

Your question is based on a false premise. Not every religious person says that masturbation is a sin. Some do of course but many do not.

I am glad you pleasure yourself.....when you come to Iowa, we can do this together with our fingers, tongues and coitus if you desire

What the actual fuck??

@TattedIrishXx Manka is across the Atlantic Ocean complaining about religious taboos against masturbating....I replied encouraging her and inviting her to USA for mutual stimulation

@Larry68Feminist not really appropriate

Onan refused to ejaculate into the the vagina of his dead brother wife.... under orders from the alleged bible gawd geebush jeehobah ghostholes to breed more killers in the endless Palestinian wars 3000 years ago, Onan "spilled his seed on the ground" ....this sole detail, leaves out his reasoning....be it respect to the widow or not wanting to be a bigamist....this situation also begs why he ejaculated at all .....presuming the sight of a nude woman caused his erection and he had no self control....he may have touched his throbbing penis directing his semen groundward.....so what the fuck ? Song of Solomon is not much help regarding coitus nor masturbation but does address lucious loins breasts and pomegranate sweet lips..... (not labia ?)

Its a sin according to religion

sean Level 3 Sep 15, 2019

They believe that a man's seed is only to be used for procreation. Masturbation wastes your seed.

Because our system & cultural influence is based on Calvinism which is very restrictive. Other religions are not so.

As communal animals, anything that upset the well being of the community became a sin. It's natural that killing, stealing, lying, and cheating became a sin in communal societies since these actions threatened the well being of the society and that truth telling, loyalty, and fidelity became valued as they reenforced the well being. Onanism in a traditional pre industrial society with high infant mortality and high levels of inter tribal conflict would have been considered a sin as it would be perceived as a threat to the well being of the society since that individual chose to spill his seed on the ground rather than use it as nature intended and produce another human that could take on the challenge of surviving. In a modern society the stakes are much much lower therefore it is no longer a concern. In fact some may consider it a threat to our well being. Perhaps, given 3 or 4 hundred years of low birth rates, it could become a sin once again.
BTW, sin is considered connotative of religion. For me, it's just short hand for 'wrong doing'.

Then again, each ejaculation has between 100 and 500 million sperm. Perhaps losing a few million is not much of a problem.

Source:

Huffington post 1/20/2013

It's just a way to maintain power over people. All the BS religious rules are for the powerful to control the 'powerless". Ignore them and go have your fun!

If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothin.

There is some reasoning behind it.

If treated sacredly, i would say it is not "missing the mark".

I don't have the mind right now to break down my understanding.. just look at how it affects the brain and its circuitry.. it can ruin your reward response and keep you stagnent in life

There is no such thing as sin... There is good and bad... There is moral and immoral.

If it feels good... DO IT! (As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else!)

Shit... Masturbation is the only thing that keeps me sane these days!

Sin is an affront to god, and there is no god. That means there is no sin, there is right and there is wrong, but many sins are nothing but human nature. The 7 deadly sins are the perfect example of religion trying to exert control through guilt and fear.

JimG Level 8 Nov 10, 2018

Masturbation is called sin in religions because of the below religious justifications/ assumptions

• can alter the health of your marriage

• you are bypassing the godly standard of experiencing sex pleasure

• Human beings can't master the effects of masturbation ( guilt , tiny bits of brain fog - which can have big effects based on how you live your life)

Masturbation is a fucking sin bc lusting after someone you're not married to is a sin.

The Bible, Koran, Book of Mormon...define "sin"

My question is why do people who don't care about sin or the utterly idiotic "morality" from religious texts care about "sin". I don't care what spiderman or Zeus says about how I live, why would I care when others accurately say I'm a heretic, gentile or an unrepentant sinner?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135284
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.