Agnostic.com

7 2

The single most important thing you need to know about Trump. Trump is a sociopath. This one fact explains a lot. From the wikipedia page Psychopathy#Sociopathy, the sociopath is characterized by 1) persistent antisocial behavior, 2) impaired empathy and remorse, 3) bold disinhibited, egotistical traits. A sociopath has a hard time distinguishing right from wrong, fact from fiction, and has virtually no moral compass. (His worldview changes radically from day to day.) He/she is belligerent and nasty to anyone not submissively subservient himself/herself. MRI, fMRI, aMRI, PET, & SPECT scans of the brain reveal similar activity in the prefrontal cortex as do patients with brain injuries. The prefrontal cortex controls emotions, social interactions, ethics, morality, regret, impulsivity, and conscience.

astrochuck 6 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think Trump has NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It is less certain that he has Antisocial Personality Disorder under which a sociopath would fall.

Narcissistic personality disorder is indicated by five or more of the following symptoms:

• Exaggerates own importance
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
  • Believes he or she is special and can only be understood by other special people or institutions
  • Requires constant attention and admiration from others
  • Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
  • Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
  • Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
  • Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes

@astrochuck Those are the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He appears to meet all the criteria.

Sociopaths typically have a childhood conduct disorder diagnosis. I don't know his history. He'd need a psychological evaluation to determine if he has Antisocial Personality Disorder.

@astrochuck They are separate. Sociopathy falls into APD which is a "worse" diagnosis than NPD.

I am persistently antisocial a lot and I don't have a lot of empathy for most people, when I hear someone dies I say that sucks to suck but obviously to the person I say that I am sorry for their loss. Am I psycho/sociopath? Lol! But No, it doesn't surprise me that Donald Trump is off his rocker. I mean he debated his dick size on LIVE TV...!!!!! Like... uuugggggghhhhhh! Imagine that ugh as a scream or something or someone bashing their head into A wall. He acts like a child and the whole nuclear button tweet proves it even more so.

He is a sociopath and now he is showing signs of dementia per Morning Joe MSNBC this am. His repetitions have increased, he doesn't recognize people he has known for years and he is having trouble with his speech. A 60 Minutes interview was cancelled in favor of a Sean Hannity interview on fox with him being given the questions in advance. He is not stable and the 25th Amendment should be enacted.

I couldn't help notice that he is, just as an actual president should be, a lightning rod for assumptions-- like the one you are presenting. He is the first actual president since John F. Kennedy--because of his actions and mandates alone. Kennedy had a regrettable end to his...when he was going to sign an order to eliminate the CIA when he returned from Texas. Trump is an actual president. Period.

Astro chuck. It was quoted by Spock that "...only Nixon could go to China". He stopped just short of open warfare. I did applaud his flashing the peace signs the last time he boarded airforce one. In China...the gesture means "f*ck you".

Trump's behavior is, without any doubt, sociopathic.

Yes, I'm no psychologist, but I have always thought he was too. No one can lie like he does, without guilt or awareness, and not be one.

Yes he is, and it is quite obvious and it always had been, long before he stood for president.
Which raises the question: what are the people who vote for a sociopath like him to become the most powerful human being on earth with access to the biggest aresenal of weapons of mass murder?
His voters are even worse than sociopaths in my view. Most of them do not have the excuse of suffering what can be argued is pathological mental condition.

I think people who voted for him fall into two categories: Republican diehards, who would support anyone if they thought they would win for that party. Nothing can be done for these people. Secondly, everyday people who voted out of frustration with your parties, political system and power structure. The Clintons exemplified this in your DP. These folk should be understood and attracted to a progressive candidate. That's what Mr Sanders was doing, but they scuttled him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.