Agnostic.com

35 6

Does it matter anymore who makes the first move?

As a heterosexual female, I sometimes feel like men are either intimidated or turned off when I make the first move. But does that even matter anymore in this day and age? Do men still feel obligated to make first contact? Is this question applicable in the LGBTQ community?

BeeHappy 9 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Doesn't make a bit of difference to me I am pretty good at reading body language and none verbal clues so when it happens I am not all that surprised. If woman asks my out she just beat me to the draw.

I know at 24 I would be captivated by a woman who makes the first move. Not sure if that's unanimous, but for me it's too hard to find time to go out often so a clear message of "I'm interested" doubles the possibility of a match. If I am required to be the only one making a move, there could be a lot of missed opportunities.

I on the other side have always been someone who waits for the woman to make the first move that never happened. 😉 well, now I am married.

👍 Thanks

I am a shy unassuming guy, 4 real relationships in my life were instigates by the female, from dating, t o sex, to mutual exclusivity. I do date women where I have made the first move, but sadly to my dismay I have found out after the fact, numerous times, that girls I was keen on felt the same way, but I was too insecure.

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences. 🙂

It shouldn't matter. Save me the heartache sometimes, please.

Gotcha!

I think that in todays environment, that a woman making the first move would be welcome.
Perhaps even in writing .....lol

Good to know! Even in writing huh? 🙂

@BeeHappy reminds me of Pat Boone LOVE LETTERS IN THE SAND another reason why I live at the beach. ...writing :"let's chat" ocean edge will be watered away by the next wave leaving no trace to fear being called aggressive by no one who didn't read but me

When I was dating, I mostly made the first move, and I never had a bad experience. The guys may have been caught off guard, maybe a little taken aback ( seemed a little embarrassed or unsure, briefly, like they had little experience being approached and didn't immediately know how to respond) but those moments passed quickly and resolved into feeling flattered and receptive it would seem. I'm not sure what all goes into to the calculus here, but I think part of it may have been my casual, playful demeanor--without explicitly trying to, I think I probably communicated that I wasn't desperate and wouldn't really care if they weren't interested. Like I could take or leave them--not in a snobby way, but in a radical acceptance way (except that's not radical to me, just mature). I wasn't searching for their appreciation of me; I was just expressing my appreciation of them, no strings attached.

I've never heard a heteroguy say he'd dislike being approached by a woman. I wouldn't sweat it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm quite overly confident and flirtatious by nature, so I have to know when to step back. I think some/alot of men get quite taken aback when a lady makes the first move, men apparently still like do the chasing. I would say put some hints out there to show you are interested, but then again men are terrible with hints. So flirt a little maybe.
So I get the man and tell him, I like you I want you, we are now officially a couple, lets go. They turn bright red and stutter yeeeahh ok. Then they do what they are told. Lol Im just kidding.. Mostly/sort of/could be

Sacha Level 7 Jan 8, 2018

I like to flirt as well sort of helps break the ice.

lol

I asked a guy out about 20 years ago and he wanted to go to his place almost right away. He said any woman who made the first move just wanted sex. So I went home. I hope someone I'm interested in on this site doesn't think the same way. I'm way over one night stands.

Weird. I wouldn't think that unless a woman actually said and/or did something sexual.

Not to me.

skado Level 9 Jan 8, 2018

Gotcha 👍

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13560
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.