Agnostic.com

20 2

Turn Back Time?

If you could turn back time to any age, & resume life from that point forward, what age would you choose & why?

kozmic 6 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say age 19. I moved out of the house and i could have done away with god/religion. It would have more preductive than way life really turned out. Since, there wouldn't be any restraints on how I would live my life. I could have a wife that was a stripper or life partner(man) for the last 20 plus years for example.

I'd like to be twenty and know what I know. I'd tell myself to tell the doctors to get the fuck away from me. They turned a minor birth defect into chronic pain and worse.

There was a great book along this lines. It's twenty years old but still great. Replay
by Ken Grimwood [a.co]

College. Knowing what I know now, I would probably handle things very differently.

Oh hell no! At the very least, that would involve me changing some fundamental decisions and having to cope with a different set of failures. It's taken a heck of a long time to make peace with my past and develop coping strategies based on that experience. Agreeing to do it all over again would only reinforce the notion that I'm a glutton for punishment.

Going back knowing what I know today??

@Akfishlady that's a game changer... Going back to my early twenties knowing everything I know today !!??? .... Uuuuffff... The possibilities !!

@Akfishlady yup, time only knows one direction

If you mean my physical age, sure I'd turn that back to my early 20s.

If you mean go back in time for a re-do, no way. I'd never get married or have kids if I had to do it over. I'd just head to South America right out of grad school and begin teaching all over the world.
Better I stupidly blundered ahead with my life, making mistakes, etc. then never doing those things at all.

None of it, life pretty much sucked until I got divorced in 2009. Now life is majorly excellent. Now!

Can I change the outcome by going back? If not, oh hell no.

Age 27, just after the birth of my daughter. I would do it all differently, assuming that I have the same mind set that I possess now. 😀

20 years old the day before I graduated college with my first degree.....it would go very differently from that point on if I could do it again (assuming I could retain all my current knowledge of course)

Age 80, trump won't be in office, will be discussed as a beaten dog and we will laugh because he died in jail. 15 years into the future... don't wanna turn back time... want to Fast Forward the BullShit.

If I could retain all of my current knowledge I would go back to age 14.

I wouldn’t relive my life. I would live it better using the vitality of youth and what wisdom I have accumulated.

I would go back my childhood and try not be the quitter that I have tended be.

MrDMC Level 7 July 21, 2018

No. There is nothing behind me that is worth going back to.
Everything ahead of me is where I want to go. No matter what it is.

I wouldn't do it, once was enough for me. If forced, I'd go back 5 minutes.

zeuser Level 9 July 21, 2018

I have kids so I feel as though I wouldn’t change anything because then I wouldn’t have them. I guess I would probably go back to about a year after my youngest was born and get help for depression sooner. Find the right doctor to get me on the right meds sooner. Go to therapy. So yes I think I would change that, I would have been a WAY better mother and my youngest probably wouldn’t be struggling as much as she is now.

Times were best in the 60s and 70s. I wish most people owned their own homes. Wish most people had a saving accounts, and no debt. Wish most people did not over stress for a job, or how they were going pay for education.

Got to deal with what I got now, soon we will get rid of high criminals politicans and bankers. A recycle age of a new way of thinking will be here soon and make America decent again.

No I did as much as I wanted and am still doing it Even with the abuse I have had a good life now 70 , bit achy probably in need of a hip replacement some time soon - but not so bad considering - I have done a lot ,learned a lot cried a lot and laughed a lot and overall its been fun and educational.

jacpod Level 8 July 21, 2018

This only works if I can take back (knowledge) of what happened on this time line, but I would go back to Aug 2012 and do something differently, the decision I made (although not entirely of my choosing) had ramifications I couldn't foresee.

If I couldn't take back the knowledge I don't think things could have been any different

ipdg77 Level 8 July 21, 2018

I think that point is key to the topic.

Being born in 1957, run it again

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136008
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.