Agnostic.com

51 2

How many of you dye your hair?

As we get older with gray hair is it a good idea to dye your hair? I have not died mine in 20 years, now that I'm getting gray I'm thinking twice about it.

Sheannutt 9 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Surprisingly, I have very few gray hairs. I have not colored my hair in many years, and have no plans to start any time soon. My sisters have tons more gray than I do. I'm rather pleased about that.

I'll have more gray than both of my parents. It sucks being the young one with more gray.

I dyed my hair a few times in my life but since I'm naturally blonde, my hair doesn't hold color well. Now I too am gray, more white. I hope it is a nice bright white once it finishes the metamorphosis. I love white hair.

I have had few gray hairs since I was 16. Now that I'm older I have mostly gray hair and would never dye it. It's just a color and I'm in better shape now than when I was 16 so who cares. It"s not for me but some people do it, if it makes you feel better go for it.

I will never tell

Not me.

I had chemo last year and lost all my hair, so I'm just grateful it grew back, screw the color!

@Sheannutt Hodgkin's Lymphoma, in remission since August 2017. And a nice bushy head of salt-and-pepper hair to show for it!

You are a wise and beautiful woman Bleurowz. We'll celebrate your remission!

Just sayin. You really can tell if it's been dyed. For myself I like natural color, no fake eye lashes, just natural tasteful makeup and no silicon. Somewhat low maintenance. Shouldn't take an hour to get ready should it. The First Lady does nothing for me.

@Sheannutt There's so much more in life than vanity. We celebrate the wonder of life.

I'm considering a bright color, like bubble gum pink or teal. My hair is dark, so hopefully it will look like highlights.

I remember in cosmetology the teacher would say "It's color not dye because we don't kill our hair." I hate the chemicals and smell so I try to avoid it.

My hair has been various colors over the years. I gave up on that because my natural color, dark brown with some grey is the real me.

I don’t dye mine. Hell, I hardly ever brush it.

I don't anymore. Its salt and pepper and I lo e it. A lot of people think I pay to have it look like this! I think its funny. I love not messing with having to color it anymore!

Natural blonde but the first grey came in when I was 19. Since I live in Florida and spend a lot of time in the sun my hair is light blonde in the summer and darker blonde in the winter. Then I got a job in the entertainment industry. I let one of our hair guys add mango lowlights a few years ago. since then it's been fire engine red, purple, blue, blue red and purple all at the same time. Currently it's blonde with a touch of teal as I went royal blue for New Years and it's taking forever to fade out. I let it go natural in the summer.

No dye yet. I don't know how I'll feel if the gray starts to come in.

While I don't dye my hair and am definitely of the "to each their own" mindset, I find people that allow themselves to age gracefully, very attractive.

I acknowledge that I am probably in the minority in this opinion.

I do. Not really needed but we do what ever makes us feel good.

Rose2U Level 7 July 22, 2018

I mean I'm 28 and I'm already getting gray hairs myself mind you it's like one that I've seen out of like maybe three in my whole life. So I think it's perfectly fine if someone wishes to dye their hair. ?

HA! I started coloring my hair when I was 16....I've been dark auburn, red, strawberry blonde, beige blonde and now silver. I say - have some fun with it. 😉

Grey is the new blonde, own it.

I just did mine today!

What hair? I cut all mine off for charity a couple of years ago and now have a No 1 once a month. I was also starting to look like Ken Barlow from Coronation St (UK TV program) which needs to be avoided at all costs so cutting it all off was a win/win situation, raised money for charity and didn't look like ken 🙂

I suppose that many people don't know that you can't dye grey hair any color you want because there's no pigment in the hair anymore, and you can't bleach it. The primary colors you can do are platinum blonde, medium brown, and pure black. This happens because grey hair doesn't have oils anymore, and the chemicals in your dye can't go into the structure of hair and change the color. I suffered from alopecia several years in a row, although ii loved dying my hair and styling it. Thank god I decided to apply to the Experienced & Licensed Hair Transplant Team to make my hair look great again, and now I dye my hair about once a week.

My hair is too weak. I can't dye it, although I'd really like to bleach my hair and see how I will look.

I'm one of those people who has dabbled with hair dye over the years. I'm a natural brunette but I've gone with pretty much every color you can think of! I think the decision to dye your hair is a very personal one - it depends on what you feel comfortable with and what look you want to achieve. It's totally fine to go gray, but if you feel like you want to keep your color, there are lots of options available. I'd recommend checking out hairfolli.com - they have some awesome masks that nourish your hair while adding color.

I used to experiment a lot with my hair in my younger days, but then I faced massive hair loss. It was a real wake-up call for me, and I started doing research on hair restoration options.
That's when I came across the Miami Hair Transplant Clinic. They specialize in hair restoration. I've been thinking about getting a consultation with them myself, but I wanted to hear from others who may have gone through the process first.
If anyone has any feedback on their experience with hair loss, I would greatly appreciate it. Here's the link to the place I found: [miamihairtransplantclinic.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.