Agnostic.com

12 1

Have you ever been stabbed?

It occurred to me the other day that I know a surprising number of people who've been stabbed by a variety of objects. Is this a pervasive issue or is it just my social circle?

Mountain-Heathen 5 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been stabbed a few times. Needles in the neck that felt similar to being stabbed lol. I've impaled my wrist on a broken radio antenna, have had a thorn the size of a pencil go through my arm....hmmm most of the legitimate stabbings I've had to deal with on other people...

I have had an ex in a frenzy hold a cleaver to my neck, but he never got a chance to stab or cut me.

Most of my injuries are from falling. Last year I fell off my bed and essentially eviscerated myself. Had to have surgery to put my intestines back inside my gut lol

Damned surgeons keep sticking me, next one I find is gonna find karma sucks.

An older boy used to threaten me with a knife on the way home from kindergarten. He would tell me not to move & then go away. I stood there, frozen & crying, as all the other kids walked by & went home. When the sidewalk became empty I was even more terrified that he would come back & kill me. Eventually the same older girl would come by & walk me home.

A few months ago one of my goats stuck his horn in me & pinned me to the fence. That was also terrifying but much quicker. My ex-to-be came & beat him with a shovel, which he didn't seem to notice at all. I screamed for him to put water on the goat, & he instantly fled. Water is goat napalm. I put him up for sale that day figuring he would be Mexican barbecue, but this particular goat was actually a little famous. Someone on the other coast bought him. He almost made it there, but hung himself in a tree a couple hundred miles away. Karma? RIP Sam.

Carin Level 8 July 23, 2018

@JustLynnie Thanks--he was indeed. He was a purebred San Clemente Island Goat. I just never quite convinced him I was the boss...He had over 20 kids before he died. One boy just went to Nevada to help found the first herd in that state. Previously sold another of his sons to start the first herd in Washington State.

@JustLynnie I know--I hope it was quick at least. Goats are curious & very smart which conversely (or inversely?) ends up with them getting themselves into crazy situations & killing themselves. Every other month a friends' goat seems to die in a "freak accident." When it happens that often, it seems like the wrong word. Maybe we should say he over-goated?

Maybe he couldn't live with the guilt of what he had done to you, and hung himself in remorse

@LadyAlyxandrea I take it you've never met an intact male goat.... Undiluted & totally unapologetic testosterone. It's almost endearing... Here's one of his young sons, maybe 4 months old. Already quite a "big boy."

@LadyAlyxandrea I could talk about goats till you feel like stabbing me too. I'll stop. Maybe someone should start an Agnostic animal group....

@Carin I've met one goat in my life. I was 6 and he traumatized me lol

He kept butting me, so I climbed up onto the table and I didn't know goats liked to climb.

It ended with stitches and a lifetime distrust of anything that maaaaaahs

@LadyAlyxandrea That's so terrible! He should have been made the guest of honor at a Mexican barbecue for that! I didn't want any stitches & my insides weren't exposed so I didn't got to the doctor.

Yes, many times. Some by accident, some on purpose. Some attacks drew blood, some did not. No one was ever charged or convicted in either case. It sucked to be female when and where I grew up.

I was once threatened by a young bloke in a dark side street in Glasgow. He thought his pocket knife was some kind of trump card. I explained to him that he wasn't anywhere near as frightening as he thought, and the risk of having every bone in his skinny body broken wasn't worth the 20 quid in my pocket. He thought it over, performed a risk assessment, said "See you, Jimmy!" and went the other direction.

They weren't used to dealing with Americans in those days, I guess.

Kudos to you!

After just merely busting my donkey in the dark last night being stabbed doesn't sound like fun at all. No siree.

Qualia Level 8 July 23, 2018

I was stabbed in the left arm during a knife fight, gave better than I got. Stabbed in the side with an ice pick by a girl I used to know I don't think that was intentional. I've been shot at twice, not a pleasant feeling, nothing personal, just being in the wrong place with the wrong people at the wrong time, not a scratch but it scared the crap out of me both times and it is very loud, not like it is on TV at all.

Running toward the high school music room, I ran into the locked door. As I hit the door, a pencil in my leather purse stabbed me in the thigh. I still have a black mark on my thigh.

I was stabbed with a #2 lead pencil, by my middle brother. Fortunately, that’s all!

Are you offering?

JacarC Level 8 July 22, 2018

No but I've had a gun pointed at my head.

t1nick Level 8 July 22, 2018

I'm glad you weren't shot.

Hey Pedro. 'Ya gotta get outta town!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:137393
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.