Agnostic.com

31 8

If you were God, what would be the moral thing to do?

Not wishing to encourage your inner megalomaniac ... it's a question on just one point.

You are God and there are dead people who believe in you and people who don't.

You welcome the believers into heaven and you send the non-believers into eternal damnation and torture? (Even if they were otherwise honest and kind people.)

Here's what I would do:

Let the believers into heaven for as long as they want to be there.

Unmake the non-believers. They don't exist anymore - which is what they expected anyway. Make of them the nothing which was before they were born. No eternal damnation, no billions of souls wailing forever in fire and brimstone, no extra points/workload for Satan who must be sick of all that by now; the ungodly simply cease to exist.

El-loco 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As an atheist I somehow still believe in eternity. I believe I will be in my father's arms with those I have cared for deeply in my life around me. I believe my spirit will be set free of the earthly chains and it will soar. I will become one with eternity.

But the universe IS eternal. See my previous post on Steve's Steady State theory.

Sadly, I believe that when you die you die.

Let go and live your life the best you can.

Really, No one is going to bring back the Roman Empire? I'm bringing back the Roman Empire with Jesus, I'm going to make Jesus watch Jesus Christ Super Star by Andrew Lloyd Weber and then I'm going to force Bill Cosby to crucify Jesus while he's eating Jello.

Reminds me of the book "Illusions" by richard Bach , The adventures of a reluctant messiah,
God gave one commandment and that was to be happy within yourself. That is it.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

God created humans with the ability to use logic and critical thinking, I think God would be hypocritical to punish people for exercising that. Plus, imagine this... you spend your life believing in the WRONG god, they are gonna be far more f**ked than those that don't believe in one at all.

Nothing...
I don't exist... right?

Human beings will live forever

mwaba Level 3 Jan 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13818
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.