Agnostic.com

17 4

Is it wrong to like drum and bass???

As in the genre of music

YouCanCallMeRob 4 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a former bass player, it always seemed to me that bass was always drowned out. Bands like the Who, Metallica, and Dream Theater get (or had) phenomenal bass players, only to hide them away. Bring that stuff up front!

Yes

Simon1 Level 7 July 25, 2018

In the hand of a master, both instruments have great quality and beauty. If you ever heard Ray Brown play the bass, you will know what I mean.

I love me some Metallica: "(Anesthesia)—Pulling Teeth"

@YouCanCallMeRob I got hooked by "Whiplash".
I was there.

@YouCanCallMeRob fuck yeah metallica way to go man

@YouCanCallMeRob, @MacTavish you just got me lining up an hr of fckin cool tunes

I can only respond with....

And might I add,

I've listened to some drum & bass. Have you ever heard Coded Language by Krust? It's epic!

godef Level 7 July 24, 2018

I, also, like drum and bass, but in the genre of fishing.

And music, of course. I have faith in the backbeat.

LOL at you asking absurd questions

Qualia Level 8 July 24, 2018

@YouCanCallMeRob ?

No - but it's wrong to ask silly questions regarding preferences ...

@YouCanCallMeRob It was a tongue-in-cheek response .... chill

@YouCanCallMeRob I've done nothing to apologize for. Sorry you're choosing to get all riled up. If my mellow comments got you crazy, wait till you run into some of the really difficult folks that lurk on this site ... Good luck.

@YouCanCallMeRob Well hell, isn't there enough growling at each other going on out in the rest of the world ? Let's not do it here - ok ? I hope you'll find this can be a pleasant place to hang out. Peace.

@YouCanCallMeRob thank you.

Of course not

Yes.

In my strictly unscientific opinion.....the bass player is usually the hottest guy in the band.

Thank you for your BAS-ic honesty.

Ouch...to be fair, you haven't seen my bass player.

There is no wrong, you like what you like.

@YouCanCallMeRob that is an awesome way of looking at music!

@YouCanCallMeRob I never have and I'm glad about it. Something seriously missing in a person like that!

Shit, I don't see nothin wrong with a little bump n grind. Never got into it as a standalone genre per se but stuff like that and the lo fi chill mixes on youtube are good background music for gaming, meditation, driving, studying/reading, all kinds of stuff.

Like most music some of its brilliant some mediocre and some is truly shit

weeman Level 7 July 24, 2018

The drums are the pulse of the band and the bass is the soul. Without a solid foundation of those two instruments, no band will be a good band, period.

Y'all are talkin' sexy. ❤

@CaroleKay Yes! It's working! ?

If it's wrong, then I don't wanna be right! ??

zeuser Level 9 July 24, 2018

@YouCanCallMeRob I don't know what that is as a genre, so I can't say.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.