Agnostic.com

21 2

Where would you recommend I travel?

I'm looking for my next adventure. Where should I go next? What places would you recommend in this wide world of ours?

Some places I already been: Australia, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, England, Mexico, Chile, Canada, Netherlands, etc.

SteveB 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do you want to experience on your next adventure? You want to relax on a beach and experience a brand new culture? May I suggest Thailand.
Do you want to go to Paradise? Come to New Zealand 😉
You want a beautiful city or ocean or towns with yummy food? May I suggest Croatia, Spain, Portugal.
Would you like to go hiking or walking? May I suggest Nepal, Or see the Mountain Gorillas.
Just want to relax? May I suggest Tahiti or Fiji.
Are Americans allowed to go to Cuba these days? I would suggest that too

Sacha Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

I agree with you about Cuba, Sacha. Havana is interesting but the countryside and the beaches are absolutely beautiful. I'd avoid the tourist hotels and stay at the B&Bs, though. It's the only way to immerse yourself in the culture. As to going to Cuba... Cubans love Americans and hate our government. They have an Open Door policy when it comes to American tourists. Best to fly into Havana from Nassau or Mexico if you don't want any hassle.

@mjcharles I always thought of going via Cancun, but would do so on dates that avoid any sort of Spring break antics. But of course I would have to see the rest of Mexico first.

Crete, Greece by April all thru summer. Anywhere is fine, Chania, Rethinmo, Souda, Heraklion, Malia, Hasanisas. If Scandinavians you are looking for there you find them in the prowl. Depends of your level of adventure.

Went to Crete several years ago and want to go back. A few days in Chania, and then Leutro, plus taught some conversational english to kids in a mountain village. On the list of places to go back to.

@Or-Humanist I was in Chania area for a year, kunipidiana village. I was in the Souda Bay Base. Malia past Heraklion had a ratio of at least 8 women per man and most men there if locals didn't speak english well. Finding an american there for them was like the holy grail but I am talking over 20 years ago thing may had changed. Good Luck in your adventures.

@SteveB You Sir knows what time it is in the fun clock and I Salute You.

Baku, Azerbaijan. I went there in early 2017 to wrestle, and it was one of the coolest cities I've been to. Good mixture of a Middle Eastern and European city. Wonderful people!

@SteveB Well I went to museums, walked around downtown, participated in local sports, went to an old temple that was shared by both Zoroastrian and Hindu merchants. I ate at some really old restaurants. Hung out with some locals. I am not much of a party guy, but I am sure there is a night life there. It was just fun being in a place that most people have never heard of, yet they have a thriving and wonderful culture.

It is a big world out there. Get a globe and throw a dart. Early in our travels we wanted to go to place that we knew our ancestors were from. Have a great grand dad from Denmark, and a great grandmother from Sweden. Wife can track back to town in south west England. What do you like? This past summer went to Scottish Isles, and we like neolothic sites, and a great one that is currently being explored in the Orkneys. Also to Ireland in part for the Sunday afternoon Sessions. Love the music, also found great music in Scotland. Wife's dad had landed at Omaha Beach in WW2, and wanted to visit there. Went with global volunteers, and taught conservational english in Poland, and Crete. Pick a place.

I want to go to Iceland, but not this time of year. Somewhere warmer like Morocco or Crete

It really depends on what you'd like to do/see. I love history, so places that have a lot of it would be my preference. London? Paris? Rome? Cairo?

South Africa.

Bora Bora I have wanted to go there since I was very young. Now I want to even more because of the island adventure workshop.

The country of Tahiti

Peru is magnificent! Thailand and Cambodia - hot but fascinating.

Iffy Level 5 Jan 15, 2018

Have you been to America's National Parks? That's what I would do one day, and go there by train.

Being Irish myself, I would have to recommend that you don't put off traveling through Ireland. Probably the friendliest country in all of Europe to Yanks and the scenery is breathtaking...as well as the whiskeys. One of my other favorite areas is the Balkans. Croatia has an incredible seacoast with several clothing optional beaches. Albania is zany, and the wines in all the Balkan countries are fantastic. And, while you're at it, see Hungary too. Budapest is right up there with my favorite cities of Europe, and the spa areas in the Balaton lake region south of Budapest are wonderful.

Anywhere your heart desires...Even the most "insignificant" place will teach you more than hundred books.

Tokelau, it is a protectorate or something of New Zealand I think, it is a group of 3 islands 37 hours by small boat from Western Samoa. They are lovely people, have an amazing culture.

@ SteveB if you have the time [tokelau.org.nz]

Sardegna del norde

Check out the nuraghi.

Check out Israel-see for yourself if there is evidence or not.

I would suggest you visit Afghanistan and Japan, both countries are interesting, and people have different cultures and traditions compared with the European people. Before traveling, I would suggest you look at traveling safety sites that will show you if you can travel safely in that city or region, is really important information if you are planning some trips to countries like Afghanistan. Go to this site travelsafe-abroad, and by clicking on the name of the country, you will find information regarding its safety. Also, you can check for the specific regions and cities in-country to ensure that you will be safe.

Peru is magnificent! Thailand and Cambodia - hot but fascinating.

Iffy Level 5 Jan 15, 2018

Could any of you help my Gambian friend to visit England?

She has a fever - is scared it might be malaria.

Jacmel, Haiti

Hunan Province, China

Where your heart takes you.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 10, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14036
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.