Agnostic.com

59 6

Men, what is up with the fascination of a younger woman ?

Wildgreens 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's how men are designed! It's in the genes and scientifically backed. Men are wired to breed, like all animals. They seek youth and health and big tits that will feed their offspring and hips that will blow those babies out one after another. It's nature just the same as why women are attracted to big strong dominant men that will protect the pride. We are all animals and not so far removed from our ancestors that fought and bred for their genetic line to carry on.

Strange my line made it so far though when you think about it...

This is the basic truth of it all! Damn it!

As a woman, I like younger men. It's not so much a fascination as an attraction. I don't find many men my age who are exciting, adventurous and all that appealing once they've let themselves fall into comfortable middle age.. We are expected to "keep up" while they are given the freedom to "give up." lol That's just my experience and preference, and I think a lot of men feel the same way about us. Youth is appealing and enticing and beautiful. And something we all still wish we had 😉 I think it's natural.. And men are filthy pigs hahahahahahahaha.... JK!!

Blimey, you're only 38 and you're finding that already?! That's America, for ya!

And, nah, we are filthy pigs!

Oink.
Oink.
Effing oink!
SNOOOOOOOORT!
LOL

Yeahhh...I think I can agree with all of that lol

Minimag, you are so insightful. I’ve never even thought about it that way. But now that you’ve mentioned it, I think you’ve absolutely right. Fun.

I have had two girl friends, long term ones, who were 14 and 12 years younger. In both cases I didn't know their ages before we became an item and the first time when we both realised there was a bit of an age difference, we looked at each other and smiled with "whatever". Didn't make any difference. It's about activity level and what you do, that defines you, as far as we were concerned.

My brother on the other hand married a woman 15 years his senior. He is younger than me but he is a much older person, non active and slow in his nature. They suit each other perfectly as she is an older person too.

When I was 27 I had a girlfriend for two years and she was 35, I never even asked her age before we had jumped into bed after a few weeks.

So I personally don't have any fascination with younger women, just women who suit me, some younger, some happen to be older.

I do have a fascination with women who wear high heels in the bedroom and have attitude 🙂.

This is my view too,thanks

I'm definitely right there with you. down to women in heels. At 18 I was dating a 40 yr old women. And have dates women 12 yrs younger. It's not age it's just a click or chemistry.

It doubles my chances compared with only being fascinated by older women.

good answer

Some fifteen years ago or more I read an article about a famous celebrity who married a woman that was more than 30 or 40 years his junior. I recall the words of a female friend at the time who said: "She is in love with him." I asked her how many 75 year garbage truck drivers she knows who are dating beautiful looking 25 year old women.........

It's the hard-wired 'breeding imperative'.

OK - men don't always want to father children, but the 'gut reaction' to potential partners is driven by that 'biological aim'.

Young women tend to be healthy, and are therefore 'prime breeding partners'.

agreed

I am 54 and now anyone under 30 looks like a kid

Once I heard a conversation between two 75 y/o men: One said "I married a 25 y/o lovely lady." How do you see me? The other answered:

"I see you like a cow's head....far away from the vagina and near the horns."

that sound weird!

@btroje Trust me, Being Latin, I understood her clearly.

@btroje Darling....is a joke.

@GipsyOfNewSpain See, speaking Spanish doesn't make a person Latino/a; my Argentinean friend -Carlos McAllister- speaks Spanish but is not Latino....and millions like him born in Argentina. I happen to be Latina but of European origin (French) so, I doubt very much you could understand me at all.

@DUCHESSA To use a phrase from the movie "when harry met sally", Harry said "I WAS JUST BEING NICE!" I just applied the meaning of horns in the latin america psyche, she will be unfaithful to him and far from the vagina because he can no longer entertain properly there.... you didn't put in spanish language so your "speaking spanish does not make a person a latino/a didn't needed to brought up". Most latinos are from european origin... no different than most americans. There is a lot of taino, spanish and african per my father side and taino and spanish per my mother side in me. Been to africa, been to europe. My origin is no longer important because I became what I am despite my origin. I am a citizen of the world. Is not my spanish accent what makes me Latino... I am not hispanic except in the sensus. I was raised latin american but this is conversation for another forum... We had decided I laughed to your joke of the 75 year old don juan.

@GipsyOfNewSpain As I said, and as a Prof. of Spanish I know a little on the subject, being Spanish speaking is an accident...as is being English / Russian / Asian....it all depends where the mother dropped the kid after leaving her own country. For you may no be different...but it is for me. Hispanoc, if you go to the origin of the words, comes from HISPANIA....SPAIN's ORIGINAL NAME (in Latin) during the Roman Empire.....SO, UNLESS YOU WERE BORN IN SPAIN YOU ARE NOT HISPANIC. I don't know if this conversation is for another forum....Culture is culture regardless of the venue. I am glad you enjoyed the joke.

@DUCHESSA Do you want to discuss that with the United States State Department? Because Americans are counting you as Hispanic in the censor. Regardless of what Roman Empire Naturalization Services settled up in their day. I could call Puerto Rico Boriken because that was the Taino word for the Island and won't make a difference. Before Puerto Rico was called San Juan Bautista and San Juan Bautista Puerto RIco... and it got flipped. We can't live in the Past. Is good to know and acknowledge but Present Rules makes the rules of the present. I don't like the term hispanic and I use always latino but USA says otherwise. I remember about how stupid the name United States of America is as a name because there is 2 large americas and in north america there is only 3 states. Canada, United States of Mejico and United States of America, but one country decided to take over the whole name of the Americas for itself. But that is another discussion. Only place I heard the word Hispanos was in New York everytime I went and they referred to every latino as hispanos. Maybe we should blame the latin community in NYC for accepting and adopting that term "hispanic".

@GipsyOfNewSpain Their ignorance is not my problem...eventually they will learn History and see their mistake.

Thanks for the joke, I enjoyed it. 🙂

I think a younger woman rings an evolutionary dinner bell in the limbic brain.

Pavlov's dog? LOL When the woman salivates so does the man. There are not many women salivating over 50 years of age but I have missed a lot since 2003.

Some men like younger but based on personal experience some men like older by as much as 25 years.

LOL Mummy syndrome?

Not at all

yup... smug smile this Is true... hee hee

I'm no expert, but I'd guess there is an evolutionary advantage to being attracted to younger females. One has a much greater chance of passing on genes with a younger female because she is, on average, more fertile and has more years of fertility than an older female.

That being said, I have a difficult time connecting with women who are significantly younger than I am. Most 20 year olds just aren't at the same place in life or interested in the same things that I am at 37. Give me a mature woman who can hold her own in a serious conversation!

For me personally, when it comes to conversation the older the better . There is no one better to talk to than my wife’s 90 year old aunt . So many interesting stories . Obviously this has nothing to do with intelligence but I feel I have much more I can relate to with older woman.If men had more common sense they should stay with woman in their own age bracket for serious relationships. . Casual dating is other thing. I am married to a woman 9 years younger, and a lousy 9 year gap sometimes can prevent conversations on certain issues and events that she has no clue about

I'm with you on the conversation thing. A passionate and interesting over a good glass of wine with an intelligent woman is my version of heaven.

More men should have your point of view.

I have a pretty wide age range that I find attractive. I have dated 20's to 50's. When I was a young man I had "older" lovers (30's-40's) and never really thought much about peoples age.
Here in San Francisco there really isn't much judgement about who you date. Race, gender, sexual orientation and age are all between the two consenting adults.
I am not fascinated by younger women at all. I do date them but it's not about age. It is about attraction. I don't care how beautiful a lady is. If she doesn't have it going on upstairs, it's not going on downstairs!

I'm the complete opposite, I much prefer older women. I'm 29 and my ex's and people I've 'seen' have all been between 38 and 60... LOL

I will add the caveat that they do look FAR younger than their age, lol.

This is true.

I don't like it. Men need to find women their own age.

No sense of adventure in youngsters these days. Seemed to be the same when I was in my mid twenties. Women get through menopause and can no longer churn out the babies so sex goes out the window. Some ocpd's can't relinquish control to ever enjoy the benefits of orgasm whether for procreation (not proven necessary as many rape victims will attest) or well being.

I've had the opposite experience. I get hit on by guys in their early 20s. I'm going on 42 so I'm always surprised when it happens but it happens regularly.

Kanda Level 5 Jan 19, 2018

I'm not surprised. You are attractive.

@balou Thank you.

@Kanda you're welcome. 🙂

If I were cynical I'd explain that a woman blossoms into adulthood and ages from then on like a new car vs the model from ten or twenty years past. Who doesn't like driving them off the showroom floor?
So glad I'm not cynical.

I’m attracted to mature men. Grey can be sexy. Smile lines can be attractive. 45-49

I’m attracted to younger guys. I’m a bit youthful, and feel like I was born ten years too soon. 38-42

I’m 44, and I date in the range of 38-49.

I’m not saying that hot twenty somethings aren’t yummy to look at occasionally, but experience and maturity are better than tight tits and ass. Besides, I was hot and 19 once, I don’t begrudge them their 15 mins.

A sexy silver fox 😉

@MrLizard You are just that my friend 😉

@MrLizard LOL They are also cute

Now being a younger woman, why does that bother you... lol

Younger women are attractive but I prefer someone of my age or older than me.

If I answer this honestly, will y'all answer a question of mine honestly?

You can't generalise. I'm as playful as I was in my 20s.

[businessinsider.com]

I don't think it's just about fertility, though. I'm still considered fertile at 31 but men my age already are targeting women in their twenties over our peer groups more often. I think a big part of it is also that society has taught that young women with certain characteristics are primarily more desirable than others. Which also contributes to why more people are willing to date white women than WoC.

Although, already at the ripe old age of 31, I do get a few whippersnappers who can't even legally drink who think I can be their Mrs. Robinson. :cries:

Well, speaking for myself, while younger women can be enjoyable to look at, I really desire a woman my own age, someone with similar life experiences, someone to grow old with.

What is the fascination with younger men for women? Simple our own view of ourselves is that of being younger than we are! We all age at different rates, yet the mindset does not always keep up!
I have had it both ways! When I was younger older women were always there, as I aged the reverse became clear! Most of my companions and lovers have been younger with an occasional older lady in the mix! It seem once I passed my thirties it was all most exclusively younger ladies! By the way I am not into large or big breasts, large butts! I prefer long hair, someone who takes care of them selves both physically and financially! There are a lot of scary crazy ladies out their, that will do anything for a relationship with an older man! I see just a as many older men promoting the same tendencies to be fair!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.