Agnostic.com

29 4

Random Acts of Kindness

How often do you choose to perform random acts of kindness? What is your motivation to do so? And what was your most recent random act of kindness?

Scarlet 3 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hi, Scarlet, and welcome to the website!

I don't, as a general rule, but that depends on what you call a "random kindness."

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve.

For members who are open to dating, you will see that certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible you are with them. If you click the heart symbol on the top of their profile, you can see how it is determined.

You can improve your score in general by answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns you website points.

Commenting on posts and writing your own earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

The website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find compatible partners.

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page or at [agnostic.com].

Thanks for posting all the helpful pointers on how to use this site....I'm sure it helps many newcomers! 🙂

Mine for the most part aren't random.

I always ask myself if I help this person.
Did I just make this person's problem worse.
Did I help just sustain his problem?
Will my help cure his or her problem?

Will me paying your light bill free up other money for you to spend on liquor and drugs?
If I agree to pay your light bill will you turn off these lights during the day or in rooms you're not using?

Responses I have gotten to help I've offered when I ask will you stop doing what you were doing to get you into this mess in the first place.

You can't tell me what to do!
I knew there were stings attached!
Oh so you didn't give me something you just wanted a way to control how I live my life!

Will you pay my court costs so I can get my license back so I can go out drinking and driving again?
No.
Cheap bastard!

Is paying your cable bill in anyway helping?

Is saying you look nice today a sexual objectification sexual harassment or a compliment?

I know people will say just do it for its own sake you'll feel better. I've been an active benefactor for decades and I can honestly say I've never felt anything by helping someone. I usually forget I did it within seconds and never remember it again.

It can get a bit confusing when you think about how your good deed may not be that good after all.

I try to help people as much as possible.

and in any way I can.

@jlynn37 Amen

I try perform one random act of kindness each day.
My motivation is " be the change that I want see in the world."
My most recent act was tonight. I stopped my bike, to introduce myself to four immigrant teens walking down the street. I learned from them that the four were from Kenya, Sudan and Tunisia. They loved the lights on my bike so I gave them information about where they can find them and
the cost. I asked specifics of how they are experiencing life in our community. And before riding away, I told each I am glad they are in my community.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141625
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.