Agnostic.com

30 1

How your family responded when they learned about your atheism? How did you approach telling them?

MoralesHuman 4 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I emailed them. One, I messaged. Most just ignored it, and only one sibling reacted in horror and immediately began preaching at me.
This took me by surprise since she doesn't attend church and has given no indication she's even a Christian.

But I just laughed it off and said I wouldn't hold her religious beliefs against her.

After seeing my 15 year old cousin come out on a Facebook post I felt like a coward for never coming out myself so after that I did the same and posted it on Facebook too. Needless to say my super ultra catholic Latino family did not like this one bit.

Bear1 Level 2 July 29, 2018

I feel you!!! I come from a very Catholic Latino family! You have to be a Latino to understand the struggle ??!

They tried to set me on fire. Again

I had no believers in my family.

Atheist was nothing. They about had a cow when they found out that I'm pro-abortion in addition to pro-choice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.